Learn More: Tourist eVisa
MALAYSIA IS CLOSED: Malaysia has not yet re-opened for tourism. Malaysia has currently prohibited entry for almost all foreigners who have visited South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, or Zimbabwe in the previous 14 days. Malaysian citizens and permanent residents who have been to these countries may reenter Malaysia, but must quarantine for two weeks in a designated quarantine center.
In March 2016, the government of Malaysia introduced the e-Visa program for travelers wishing to enter Malaysia. eVisas are valid for 3 months and allow visitors to enter Malaysia for up to 30 days. Most travelers will be granted a single entry eVisa, with the exception of Indian nationals, who are entitled to multiple-entry eVisas.
WHO CAN ENTER MALAYSIA WITH THESE DOCUMENTS
The Malaysian e-Visa is available to nationals of China, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Serbia,Pakistan and Montenegro. Transit passengers should check with their airline to find if they will need to clear customs and obtain an eVisa to transit in Malaysia.
OBTAIN THE MALAYSIA TOURIST EVISA
All visa applications are reviewed by the Government of Malaysia so apply with iVisa.com and leave it up to our agents can check that your application is perfect on its first submission. If you're traveling to Malaysia soon, you will also need to apply for the MySejahtera Traveller Health Declaration, which has recently been introduced to control the spread of COVID-19 amongst travelers.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENT
Present the Tourist eVisa to the authorities upon arrival. We recommend printing out a copy to have on hand as well as keeping the digital copy that we will deliver to you by email.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport with at least 6 months of validity
Credit/debit card for payment
Recent passport-sized photo
Copy of passport main page
Return flight ticket with E-Ticket Number (Indian nationals who want to apply online)
Birth certificate for minors (if applicable)
Work or residence permit if living abroad (Not required to apply, but may be asked for when entering Malaysia).
If staying with a friend/relative, you must provide a cover letter which includes the following information addressed to an immigration officer: name and passport number, name and address of friend/relative, scanned ID of the friend/relative, and dates of travel.
Bangladesh citizens may be required at immigration to show a supporting document like a passport or residence permit from the US, UK, Ireland, or Schengen countries.
The e-Visa is valid for 3 months. Its holder is entitled to stay up to 30 days Per Entry in Malaysia.
Chinese travelers living in China and eligible applicants located in Malaysia or Singapore cannot apply with iVisa.com.
We recommend travelers apply for the e-Visa at least 2 weeks prior to their departure to Malaysia.
Each traveler’s passport must be valid for at least six months from the planned date of entry.
Applicants must be citizens of China, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Serbia or Montenegro.
A proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
Your approved visa must be printed on letter-sized paper (color or black and white) from your e-Visa account. This important e-Visa document must be presented upon arrival in Malaysia entry and exit checkpoints. A digital visa is not accepted.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Malaysia?
Do I need a COVID-19 test result to visit Malaysia?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 48 hours. All travelers must undergo COVID-19 testing.
- COVID test in quarantine: Day 5 test for fully vaccinated travelers and day 8 test for unvaccinated travelers.
Are there any quarantine requirements for travelers in Malaysia?
- Quarantine requirements - fully vaccinated travelers: 7 days in a facility designated by the Malaysian government. Fully vaccinated travelers may apply for home quarantine – preapproval required
- Quarantine requirements- partially/unvaccinated travelers: 10 days in a facility designated by the Malaysian government.
- Quarantine requirements- all travelers arriving from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and Pakistan: 10 days in facility.
- Quarantine testing- fully vaccinated travelers: PCR on day 5 of quarantine.
- Quarantine testing- partially/ unvaccinated travelers: PCR on day 8 of quarantine.
- Quarantine for restricted countries: South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, or Zimbabwe in the previous 14 days, Malaysian citizens and permanent residents who have been to these countries may reenter Malaysia, but must quarantine for two weeks in a designated quarantine center.
What is the Malaysia Tourist e-VISA?
What do I need to apply for a Malaysian Tourist e-Visa?
We require the following to submit your application:
- Scan of your passport (Valid for at least 6 months after entry into Malaysia)
- Passport photograph of the applicant (Taken within the last 6 months)
- Travel Itinerary showing flight details (confirmed and returned flight ticket)
- Proof of accommodation
- Birth certificate (for underage children)
- If staying with a friend/relative, you must provide a cover letter which includes the following information: Addressed to the Immigration Officer, Name and passport number, Name and address of friend/relative, Scanned ID of the friend/relative and Dates of travel.
Note: The government may require additional documentation after submission, which we will inform you of if this is the case.
What is the cost to obtain a Malaysia Tourist e-Visa?
How long does it take to process a Malaysia Tourist e-VISA?
- Standard Processing Time: 6 Business Days
- Rush Processing: 4 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: 2 Business Days
How long is a Malaysia Tourist e-Visa valid for?
How long should be the validity of my passport before applying for the e-Visa?
How many entries does the Malaysia e-Visa allow?
Do I need to apply for a Tourist e-Visa to Malaysia before arriving?
Does having an e-Visa to Malaysia guarantee entry into the country?
Are there any restrictions or special requirements for minor children applying for the Tourist e-Visa?
What are the advantages of the Malaysia Tourist e-VISA?
Which entry and exit checkpoints am I allowed to use with a Malaysia e-Visa?
Can I arrive in Malaysia by ferry with the e-Visa?
How do I enter with a Malaysia Visitor Visa?
- Your e-VISA printout
- Sufficient funds (Cash/ Travellers Cheque/Debit or Credit Cards) to cover expenses during your stay at Malaysia
- Return flight ticket
- Proof of accommodation (Host invitation letter/Hotel Booking/Airbnb booking, Booking.com Confirmation etc)
How soon can I apply for the Tourist e-Visa if I have already received one this year?
What nationalities are eligible for a Malaysia Tourist e-Visa?
- China, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Pakistan, Serbia and Montenegro
How long can I stay in Malaysia with the Tourist e-Visa?
Are there special requirements when printing the e-Visa?
What are the yellow fever vaccination requirements in Malaysia?
A Yellow Fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
If I am staying with a friend/relative, what accommodation documents do I need to provide?
How long before my travel date should I apply for an e-VISA?
Can I apply for the e-VISA in Malaysia?
What should the invitation letter include?
You can use the following as the example:
Dear Immigration Officer,
My name is [Your Name] and my passport number is [Passport #].
I will be visiting Malaysia between the dates of [Start date] and [End date].
I will be staying with [name of host], who is my [relation of host] and currently resides in [host address].
I heard you sometimes have to go for an interview at the Malaysian Embassy even though the e-Visa process is completely online, is that true? How will I be notified?
On a case-by-case basis, the Malaysian Government may request a traveler to have a personal interview at the nearest Malaysian Embassy.
This does not happens very often, but we will notify you of all the details regarding the interview should it be required.
Details that we will send you by email regarding your interview will include:
- VENUE: Malaysia Embassy XXXX
- ADDRESS: XXX
- CONTACTS: XXX
- Phone Number : XXX
- Email : XXXXX@xxx.gov.my
- Interview Session: DATE & TIME
Learn more about Malaysia Tourism
Where can I read more?
- MALAYSIA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- Malaysia Visa Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Malaysia?
- Malaysia Visa Policy
- PCR Testing in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Updated Information for Malaysia Visa Extension
- Malaysia Electronic Visa for Indian Citizens
- THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A MALAYSIA IMMIGRATION ENTRI NOTE
- Malaysia eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR BANGLADESHI
- MALAYSIA ENTRI VISA FEES AND COST
- What happens if I overstay my Malaysia Visa?
- Malaysia visa for Sri Lankan
- Malaysia visa for Serbian citizens
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR NEPALESE
- Malaysia visa for Myanmar
- Malaysia visa for Bhutanese
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR ETHIOPIAN CITIZENS
- Malaysia eNTRI visa requirements
- Malaysia ENTRI visa photo requirements
- Malaysia eNTRI meaning
- Malaysia ENTRI for Indian citizens
- Malaysia Visa for Chinese
- Malaysia visa for Montenegrin
- How to do a Malaysia immigration ENTRI note check
- Malaysia Visa | Transit eNTRI and e-Visa
- How to get a Malaysia ENTRI online
- Can I get a Malaysia ENTRI visa online?
- Tips for visa to enjoy Malaysia