Malta is one of the countries that attract the most attention in Europe because, despite its size and not being as popular as France or Italy, this small Mediterranean nation continues to impress tourists. It’s no small wonder, given that it has a beautiful coastline and mountains of ancient architecture to explore.
For this reason, Maltese tourism has not stopped despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Tourism is important in this country, and to prevent it from being affected, the Maltese authorities recently launched the Malta Travel Declaration, an online document that gives you entry to the country. This is mandatory for all foreign citizens.
It’s also necessary if you are a Maltese citizen who traveled a lot recently. The good news is that applying for this document is easy. In this article, you will learn how citizens of Belgium Can Enter Malta During Coronavirus without so much stress.
You can receive your Malta Travel Declaration with the service that iVisa.com offers because this service is easy-to-use and a time-saver. You can also learn about this process with the following information.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Malta?
Yes, Malta has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders. In order to enter Malta, you’ll need to display your COVID vaccine passport or vaccination certificate. Approved vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen. Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Malta travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
The current list of COVID-19 vaccination certificates recognized by the Superintendent of Public Health are:
- The Official Maltese vaccination certificate
- The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate, issued by EU, EEA and non-EU countries connected to the EUDCC gateway
- The United Kingdom NHS (paper or digital) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination Certificate
- The UAE Vaccine certificate issued by the Dubai Health Authorities with a readable QR Code
- The Turkish Vaccine certificate of full course of vaccination * The United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. As from 1st August 2021 the United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will need to be verified through a specific app to be acceptable as a valid vaccination certificate
- The Serbian “Digital Green Certificate” with a readable QR Code
- The Gibraltar, Jersey and Guernsey vaccination certificate
What is Malta Travel Declaration?
The bosses of Public Health of Malta launched an electronic document called the Malta Travel Declaration. This is a document that you receive through an online application and it allows you to enter the country without problems. With this paper, you are declaring that you don’t pose a risk of spreading COVID-19 and that you also don’t have any symptoms related to it.
Applying for the Malta Travel Declaration is obligatory because it permits the immigration officers at the airport to have better control of the entry of foreigners into the territory. This means that everyone needs to apply for it, including those countries that are visa-exempt.
Do the citizens of Belgium need a Travel Declaration to enter Malta?
When this document was launched, the Maltese authorities declared that any tourist wanting to enter Malta would need to apply for the Travel Declaration before landing at the International airport, with no exceptions.
This means that citizens of Belgium can visit Malta as long as they apply for the Travel Declaration.
Other documents could be important or mandatory if you’re a foreigner living in Belgium but wanting to visit Malta. If that’s your current situation, then we suggest you use iVisa.com’s Visa Checker to see what documents could be mandatory, including eVisas or paper visas. To use this Visa Tool, just select your country of origin and choose ‘Malta’ as the destination.
What are the requirements needed before applying online?
iVisa.com’s application form is very easy to understand, but you still need to get some documents before applying.
Firstly, you need a COVID-19 test. This is the most important part of the application form because when filling in the Travel Declaration you’ll have to state that you’re not COVID-19 positive.
The other things you have to keep close to hand are:
- Your current passport with at least 6-months of validity.
- Your current email address where you’ll receive the declaration.
- Your valid credit/debit card or your PayPal account to proceed with the payments.
Please remember that a false declaration will be conceived as a criminal act, so verify that all of your personal details are right, and take the COVID-19 test before applying online. You cannot offer false COVID-19 test results.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Malta?
Once you obtain your Malta Health Declaration Forms and show your negative PCR test result, you will not have to quarantine in Malta. However, if you’re traveling from Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines or South Africa or are unable to showcase a Covid-19 PCR test result, you’ll have to undergo quarantine for 14 days on arrival.
What are the processing times and prices?
If you decide to use iVisa.com’s form, then you have to select one of the following processing options because they’ll be useful if you want to avoid wasting time. Each of them has different prices depending on how fast you want to get your document.
Note the following: the faster you want the document, the more you have to pay. These are your options with iVisa.com:
- Standard Processing options (24 hours): You can get your document in a decent period, but not as fast as the other options. However, this is the least expensive alternative (USD 20.00).
- Rush Processing options (8 hours): You can get your document faster this time by paying a bit more than before (USD 35.00).
- Super Rush Processing options (4 hours): This processing option is the fastest and also the most expensive (USD 60.00).
How can I apply online?
To apply online fast, we recommend you use iVisa.com’s online form because you’ll just need to complete this straightforward 3-step process:
- First, provide your basic details and choose the processing option according to how fast you want to receive the travel declaration.
- Second, check the spelling of your personal information and proceed with the payment section.
- Third and last, be ready to attach the documents requested before to finish this process.
The next thing you have to do is to click on ‘submit’, and after that, you’ll obtain the confirmation email very soon! Click on this link if you want to start immediately.
You should also remember that iVisa.com’s customer service is always available if you need guidance while applying.
How much time do I need to apply?
If you decide to use iVisa.com’s application form then you’ll probably be ready in 20 minutes or less. However, don’t forget that there’s no rush, so take all the time you need to complete this online form.
Is it safe to use iVisa.com’s application form?
Safety is always important. That’s why we want to remind you that you can get the Malta Travel Declaration safely thanks to our trustworthy system. The security platform that iVisa.com uses will never put your personal information in danger.
You should also know that our clients are an important part of our company! That’s visible when checking these reviews because we always work hard for them!
I still have other questions about this document, where can I get more info?
The Malta Travel Declaration was only recently launched, so there’s more information to come. Nevertheless, we remind you that you can get in touch with iVisa.com’s customer agents if you have doubts or questions, or even if you just need help while applying. You can also read more useful advice on iVisa.com’s website.