The COVID-19 pandemic has been a global issue and it has affected tourism in many countries, including Malta. Therefore, the head of Public Health for Malta created the Malta Travel Declaration, an online document that allows you to visit the country while the COVID-19 lasts.
You probably want to know what are the requirements and the steps required to apply for this document and that’s why we have prepared this article. In the FAQs below, you’ll be able to learn how citizens of the United Kingdom can enter Malta during Coronavirus.
Besides, you should take into account that it’s possible to apply with the service offered by iVisa.com, which is accessible and prevents you from wasting time in vain. You can also learn about this process with the information in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Malta?
Yes, Malta has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders. In order to enter Malta, you’ll need to display your COVID vaccine passport or vaccination certificate. Approved vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen. Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Malta travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
The current list of COVID-19 vaccination certificates recognized by the Superintendent of Public Health are:
- The Official Maltese vaccination certificate
- The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate, issued by EU, EEA and non-EU countries connected to the EUDCC gateway
- The United Kingdom NHS (paper or digital) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination Certificate
- The UAE Vaccine certificate issued by the Dubai Health Authorities with a readable QR Code
- The Turkish Vaccine certificate of full course of vaccination * The United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. As from 1st August 2021 the United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will need to be verified through a specific app to be acceptable as a valid vaccination certificate
- The Serbian “Digital Green Certificate” with a readable QR Code
- The Gibraltar, Jersey and Guernsey vaccination certificate
What is the Malta Travel Declaration and why do I need it?
While the COVID-19 lasts, you have to apply for a Malta Travel Declaration in order to visit this country. This document authorizes you to visit Malta legally without any inconvenience. It’s mandatory for any foreign citizen, including visa-free nations like the UK.
There’s a high risk of contagion with the COVID-19, and that’s the main reason why documents like the Malta Travel Declaration have been necessary. With documents like this one, official authorities can control the citizens entering the land.
Another thing to consider is that this requirement is also necessary for Maltese citizens, but only if they’ve been traveling abroad for several months.
Do the citizens of the UK need a Malta Travel Declaration?
Yes, of course. Every foreign citizen wishing to visit Malta must apply for the Travel Declaration. This was the official statement that the Superintendence of Public Health for Malta made. Some nations that aren’t from a Maltese visa-exempt country might need other documents too, but that’s not the case with the UK. However, if you want to verify this information, you can always use our Visa Checker Tool.
We recommend you to apply for your Travel Declaration with iVisa.com to avoid any issues at the airport.
What documents do I need to apply?
Using iVisa.com’s application form is straightforward and it doesn’t consume too much time. But, to complete this process successfully it is necessary to offer some documentation first.
First of all, remember that you should get a COVID-19 test before traveling because you’ll need to declare on the Travel Declaration Form that you’re NOT Covid-19 positive.
After you get your Covid-19 Test Results, you can proceed and apply with iVisa.com’s form by offering the following:
- A passport and a scanned copy of the information page (the first page).
- A valid email address.
- And a Paypal account or your debit/credit card to make the payments.
A false declaration or false information on your declaration will be considered a criminal offense. Therefore, we suggest taking the COVID-19 test and leaving proof of the results in the travel declaration.
You can also take the results with you, even if the authorities don’t ask for it. You should have them on hand just in case.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Malta?
Once you obtain your Malta Health Declaration Forms and show your negative PCR test result, you will not have to quarantine in Malta. However, if you’re traveling from Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines or South Africa or are unable to showcase a Covid-19 PCR test result, you’ll have to undergo quarantine for 14 days on arrival.
How much does it cost to get the Malta Travel Declaration?
The price is something that can change from time to time depending on the Government’s fee and the nationality of each traveler. We can tell you that if you apply using iVisa.com’s online form then you’ll save a lot of time and money because you’ll get your document quite fast for an affordable price.
With iVisa.com, you can choose one of the following processing options. The prices for each option include the Government’s fee.
- Standard Procedure Alternative (24 hours): This is the basic option that you can choose when you’re not in a rush because it’s the least expensive (USD 20.00).
- Rush Procedure Alternative (8 hours): This is an excellent alternative when you want to receive your document faster. However, the price increases (USD 35.00).
- Super Rush Procedure Alternative (4 hours): By choosing this option you’ll have to pay the most expensive price (USD 60.00) but you’ll get your document the fastest way possible.
How can I apply with iVisa.com?
Applying with iVisa.com’s service is an easy task because it allows you to receive your document by following only 3 steps:
- First, complete the online questionnaire and select the processing time you fancy.
- Second, check that the information you gave is well-written and proceed with the payment part.
- Third, upload and attach the scanned copy of your passport and other papers if necessary to finish the 3-step process.
After that, you’re ready to click on the ‘submit’ button and receive your confirmation email quickly! Click on this link if you’re ready to apply.
If you want to get personal attention or extra help, you can count on iVisa.com’s customer service center.
How much time do I need to apply for the Malta Travel Declaration?
You can complete this online form in 20 minutes or even less depending on how skilled you’re with application forms. Just keep in mind that this one is quite easy.
Is it safe to use iVisa.com’s online form?
We understand that security is your main concern, especially when using online services. Therefore, you can feel safe when applying for your Malta Travel Declaration with iVisa.com because we provide a high-quality security system that won’t allow unauthorized access to your information. We always make sure that our customers are the most important part of our work, and that’s why we’ve got many positive reviews on this link, that confirm how hard we work to provide only the best!
I still have other questions about this document, where can I receive more info?
It’s important to mention that the Malta Travel Declaration was just recently launched, so there’s still lots more information to come. Nevertheless, we remind you to reach out to our customer service if you have doubts. You can also find other useful information on iVisa.com’s blog.