Traveling to Malta is an excellent idea if you want to spend a relaxing and different holiday in Europe. But due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, it can be a challenge to enter this country, although it isn’t impossible. To visit Malta, you must apply for the Malta Travel Declaration, an online document that you can easily get by completing an application form.
You might think that this document works like a Malta COVID-19 Travel Restriction, but it’s more like a useful tool to avoid the spread of this virus and safeguard everyone’s health. Besides, you don’t have to spend a lot of time applying because iVisa.com created an online form that won’t take you more than 20 minutes, that’s less time than the average time you spend drinking a cup of coffee!
But, how can you apply for this document? Easy, you can simply read the following information and take note of the most important things to consider, including the list of requirements you need before applying and the processing times. Just remember that you’ll be able to learn other important topics too, like how long you can stay in Malta.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Malta Travel Declaration
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Malta?
Yes, Malta has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders. In order to enter Malta, you’ll need to display your COVID vaccine passport or vaccination certificate. Approved vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen. Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Malta travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
The current list of COVID-19 vaccination certificates recognized by the Superintendent of Public Health are:
- The Official Maltese vaccination certificate
- The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate, issued by EU, EEA and non-EU countries connected to the EUDCC gateway
- The United Kingdom NHS (paper or digital) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination Certificate
- The UAE Vaccine certificate issued by the Dubai Health Authorities with a readable QR Code
- The Turkish Vaccine certificate of full course of vaccination * The United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. As from 1st August 2021 the United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will need to be verified through a specific app to be acceptable as a valid vaccination certificate
- The Serbian “Digital Green Certificate” with a readable QR Code
- The Gibraltar, Jersey and Guernsey vaccination certificate
What is the Malta Travel Declaration?
The Superintendence of Public Health for Malta created the Travel Declaration to allow all travelers to enter this country while the COVID-19 lasts, and by following all the protocols required. By having this travel authorization, officers at the airport will be able to track all the travelers entering the country, so that they can avoid the contagion of the COVID-19. This document confirms that you didn’t test positive for the COVID-19.
The Malta Travel Declaration will be mandatory by August 22nd, so from that day on you must apply for it before entering Malta.
You should also know that this requirement is also important if you’re a Maltese citizen and you’ve been traveling abroad for several months or weeks once the COVID-19 pandemic started.
How can I verify if I’m eligible for this Health Affidavit?
Every passenger traveling to Malta must apply for the Travel Declaration according to the official announcement that the head of Public Health for Malta made. However, if you’re not from a Malta Visa-Exempt country, then you might need other documents as well. To find out more about this information, you can use our Visa Checker Tool.
Using this tool is easy. First, you’ll have to write down your nationality in the upper menu and pick ‘Malta’ as the destination. After that, you’ll be able to check if you’re qualified to apply for other documents aside from the Travel Declaration.
What documents do I need to apply for the Travel Declaration?
Having this document can be quite easy, but you have to provide some requirements first. The list of requirements can change if you decide to apply with another method that’s not iVisa.com’s online form. For now, we can only give you the list of things you need with iVisa.com, but please remember that there might be other important things on your side like a COVID-19 test.
The list of documents you need for iVisa.com’s form is:
- Your passport and a copy of the information page.
- Your valid email address to receive the document and other updates about the process.
- You also need to provide a Paypal or a debit/credit card for payment.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Malta?
Once you obtain your Malta Health Declaration Forms and show your negative PCR test result, you will not have to quarantine in Malta. However, if you’re traveling from Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines or South Africa or are unable to showcase a Covid-19 PCR test result, you’ll have to undergo quarantine for 14 days on arrival.
How much does the Malta Travel Declaration cost?
We cannot give you the exact price of this document because it’s something that can differ from traveler to traveler. Nevertheless, you should know that applying with iVisa.com’s online form puts you at a great advantage to save time and money because you’ll be able to receive this authorized document very fast for an affordable price.
iVisa.com has 3 processing times, and you can choose any of them depending on your needs:
- Standard Procedure Time: This is the basic option for every traveler because it’s the least expensive (USD 20.00). You can choose it if you’re not in a hurry and you can wait 24 hours for it.
- Rush Procedure Time: If you need your document a bit faster (8 hours), then you can opt for this option. But, you’ll have to pay a little bit more (USD 35.00).
- Super Rush Procedure Time: This is the most expensive (USD 60.00) because you’ll get your Travel Declaration as fast as possible (4 hours).
How can I apply with iVisa.com’s application form?
To apply with iVisa.com’s online form you only need to complete a 3-step process and you won’t have to spend too much time on it. The steps are:
- First, fill in the questionnaire with your basic information and choose the processing time you prefer.
- Second, review the information you gave, including the spelling to avoid mistakes, and pay for the document with your preferred payment method.
- Third, upload the scanned copy of the passport and other papers if required to complete the 3-step process.
By clicking the ‘submit’ button you’re ready to receive your confirmation email very soon! Click on this link to apply.
Also, don’t forget that iVisa.com’s customer service center is always ready to assist you if you have any difficulty while finishing the form.
How much time do I need to apply?
In 20 minutes or even less you can be ready with iVisa.com’s online form. Forget about going to the embassy with this method!
Is it necessary to get a COVID-19 test to travel to Malta?
Yes, and this is the only Malta COVID-19 Travel Restriction that could be tricky if you don’t have it. You should get a COVID-19 test before traveling to this country because you’ll have to declare on the Travel Declaration Form that you’re NOT Covid-19 positive. You’ll also have to declare that you have no symptoms related to this virus and that you didn’t have contact with persons infected by it.
Keep in mind that a false declaration or false information will be considered a criminal offense. To avoid any issues at the airport, don’t forget to take the COVID-19 test and leave proof of the results in the declaration.
We also recommend you to take the results with you, even if the authorities don’t ask for it. It’s better to have them on hand just in case.
Is it safe to use iVisa.com’s application form?
Safety is always important, especially when you offer information online. Therefore, you should know that our authorized service has a high-quality security platform that won’t risk your personal information. In fact, we always make sure that our clients are the most important part of our mission, and that’s why we’ve got thousands of positive reviews on this link, that confirm how hard we work to provide only the best services for travelers!
I still have other questions about this document, where can I receive more info?
The Malta Travel Declaration was recently launched, but that doesn’t mean that you should harbor doubts about this process. We can help you anytime, so don’t hesitate to contact us via chat or explore iVisa.com’s blogs if you prefer to check out other FAQs.