Learn More: Travel Declaration Form
This content was updated in June 2022
Traveling to Europe is always a thrill, especially to a destination as mysterious and incredible as Malta. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are new entry requirements to travel without difficulty.
The Maltese authorities have developed the Malta Travel Declaration, an electronic authorization that works quite similar to the Health Declaration. In case you want to travel there soon, check out the entry requirements related to COVID-19.
However, we know that this procedure can be complicated for many tourists due to the complexity of the page or simply not knowing where to look. Don't worry! iVisa.com is the perfect answer to these problems and created an easy application form to make it easier for you to obtain this travel document.
Get Your Malta Travel Declaration Form Online Now!
What is the Malta Travel Declaration Form?
The Malta Travel Declaration, also known as the Digital Passenger Locator Form, was created by the Malta Public Health department to allow passengers traveling to Malta to enter without any problems.
With this travel authorization, immigration officials can keep track of all travelers visiting the country, thus preventing the spread of COVID-19.
On the form, you must truthfully state whether you have had symptoms related to the Coronavirus prior to your travel and have not tested positive for COVID-19.
Please note that this document is required for all local citizens or foreign travelers. However, local citizens are only required to present it if they have traveled abroad for several months.
Who is eligible for the Malta Travel Declaration Form?
All visitors must complete and submit this form before entering Malta.
Once you arrive at the airport, immigration officials will ask for Malta travel declaration forms to allow you to enter Malta. Remember that this document is mandatory for both citizens and foreign travelers.
How long is the Malta Travel Declaration Form valid for?
This document is valid for a total of 14 days after arrival or until passport expires and can be used for a Single Entry. This means that every time you want to travel to Malta, you will have to apply for a new document.
Travel requirements and required documents for the Malta Travel Declaration Form?
To apply for the Malta travel declaration form, you only need to upload the following documents:
- Valid passport - Your passport must be scanned on the information page's side and valid for at least six months.
- A valid email address - Since the travel document is electronic, we will email it to you so you can submit it virtually.
- A credit or debit card to pay - You can use a credit or debit card as a payment method to pay for the process.
- Other travel documents - You may need to show negative proof of COVID-19 when processing the document.
Do I need a Malta Travel Declaration Form to transit through Malta?
No! All transit travelers not entering the country will not be required to present this travel document. Follow the conditions of your final destination, not Malta.
How do I apply for the Malta Travel Declaration Form with iVisa.com?
A simple 3-step process has been designed for you to [obtain your travel document]. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: First, you must fill out the iVisa.com virtual questionnaire and then select the processing time.
- Step 2: Then, you must verify that all the information entered is correct. Once everything is checked, you can proceed to pay for the service.
- Step 3: Finally, upload the required documents and click on the "submit" button.
You will receive a confirmation email once you finish the process. If you cannot find it, please check your SPAM folder.
This document must be submitted virtually to the agents at the border, so we always recommend saving it digitally or printing the document. This way you will not have any problem if you do not have internet.
What are the costs and processing time of the Malta Travel Declaration Form?
Travel document processing fees change depending on the processing time. You can select any of these three processing times:
- Standard Processing Time: 24 hours - USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing Time: 8 hours - USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 4 hours - USD 60.00.
Do minors need a Malta Travel Declaration Form system?
Children must complete the form if they are not traveling to the final destination with an adult.
However, only one adult family member should complete the application if traveling as a family.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Malta?
If you are an unvaccinated traveler, you must submit a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours or an antigen test within 24 hours. Antigen tests are only accepted in the EU COVID-19 digital certificate format.
Some exemptions from COVID-19 are children under 12 years of age and fully vaccinated travelers.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Malta?
No! Nowadays, it is not necessary to present a vaccination certificate to enter Malta. However, if you are fully vaccinated, you will not need to present a negative PCR test.
The vaccines approved in the country are from Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen, and Nuvaxovid. In addition, WHO-approved vaccines are also recognized, provided a booster dose has been administered, or travelers have a negative PCR taken within 72 hours prior to arrival in Malta.
Remember that this information can change rapidly and is highly dependent on the overall pandemic situation, so we recommend that you keep up to date.
Do I need to quarantine when I get to Malta?
At the moment, according to the public health authorities, there are no quarantine restrictions on entering Malta.
What else should I keep in mind before traveling to Malta?
Malta has two official languages, Maltese and English. In high season it is also very common to find Spaniards working in the service sector since they take advantage of going to Malta to learn English.
On the other hand, the official currency is the Euro, as in many European countries. However, traveling to a non-EU country can change the currency in local banks and ATMs. Credit cards such as VISA, MasterCard, and American Express are widely accepted.
Important to know about the climate. Although the weather in Malta is generally sunny and dry, it can rain a lot, especially between September and November. The best time to travel to Malta is during spring or autumn. Easter and Christmas are also good times to visit.
The months with more tourists in the beach area are July and August. On the other hand, it is essential to take precautions, for example, go where the Maltese do and never swim too far from the coast. The currents in Malta can be treacherous, especially in the Maltese Islands.
Where can I contact you?
Please contact our customer service team or email us at [email protected] if you have any concerns about any part of the process. Our experts are available 24 hours a day to answer any of your questions.
Required Documents to Apply
Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result (if applicable)
- The Malta Health Declaration forms are part of the required documentation you will need to enter Malta, it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your visa when you enter Malta.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
When should I apply for the Malta Health Declaration Forms?
How long will it take to apply for one?
Where can I get more information about the Malta Health Declaration Forms?
Learn more about Malta Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Which COVID-19 vaccines are approved for travel for Malta (July 2021)
- Malta digital COVID certificate
- Malta Vaccination Requirements | Do I need a vaccine to travel to Malta?
- Find Out How Citizens of Belgium Can Enter Malta During Coronavirus
- Find Out How Citizens of Poland Can Enter Malta During Coronavirus
- Find Out How Citizens of Spain Can Enter Malta During Coronavirus
- How can the citizens of France enter Malta During Coronavirus?
- How can the citizens of Germany enter Malta During Coronavirus?
- How can the citizens of the United Kingdom enter Malta During Coronavirus?
- How Can the Citizens of Italy enter Malta During Coronavirus?
- What are the requirements to enter Malta while the COVID-19 lasts?
- Important Information about the Malta COVID-19 Travel Restriction
- Formulario de solicitud de visa de Malta
- Malta (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Pakistan
- Malta (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Nigeria
- The Ultimate Guide to Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Malaysia
- What will the Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Kiribati be like?
- The Best Advice about Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Israel
- Kif tikseb iċ-Ċertifikat COVID Diġitali ta ’Malta
- Malta (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of RUSSIA
- Malta (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of CHINA
- How to Get More Out of Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Grenada
- From Around the Web Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Honduras
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Macao
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Marshall Islands
- An Introduction to Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Japan
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Hong Kong
- How to explain about Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Georgia
- Malta ETIAS for Vanuatu Citizens
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Uruguay
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of United States of America
- Malta ETIAS For Citizens Of United Arab Emirates
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine
- Malta ETIAS For Citizens Of Tuvalu
- Malta ETIAS For Citizens Of Trinidad And Tobago
- Malta ETIAS For Citizens Of Tonga
- Malta ETIAS For Citizens Of Timor
- Malta ETIAS for citizens of Taiwan
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea
- Malta ETIAS For Citizens Of Solomon Island
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of El Salvador
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Dominica: The Ultimate Guide
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Costa Rica: The Complete Guide
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia: The Go-to Guide
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Chile: Your Visa-friendly Guide
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Brunei: Your Visa Tour Guide
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Barbados: The Ultimate Guide
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Bahamas: The Complete Guide
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Argentina: All You Need To Know
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Albania: A Complete ETIAS Guide
- What is Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Canada?
- Explore Malta ETIAS for Citizens of United States of America
- Malta (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India
- Malta (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Afghanistan
- Malta Schengen Visa Price: A Handbook for Visa price
- Malta Schengen visa requirements
- Can I travel to Malta with Schengen visa: A beginners guide to visa
- Malta Schengen visa processing time: Details and information
- Malta (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Dominican Republic
- HOW TO GET A MALTA ETIAS FOR GUATEMALA CITIZENS
- Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Brazil: How to Visit!
- Learn More about Malta ETIAS for Citizens of Australia
- Can Citizens of Ukraine Apply for Malta ETIAS?
- READ MORE ABOUT THE MULTIPLE ENTRY BENEFITS OF MALTA ETIAS
- WHAT IS THE VALIDITY OF MALTA ETIAS?
- WHAT IS THE COST OF MALTA ETIAS?
- WHAT IS THE REQUIREMENT FOR MALTA ETIAS?