The visa policy of Mexico contains a list of visa-free countries. Their citizens can travel to Mexico without a visa as long as their trip is for business or tourism purposes, and their stay does not exceed 180 days. There are 67 such countries. However, the citizens of these states still need to obtain a Mexico tourist card. It is also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, and it must be purchased by all travelers, regardless of their status.
The FMM card can be obtained from several airlines, but you can also get it on arrival. But you have a better alternative too. iVisa offers its services to help you get the tourist card online before departure. It can be approved in just half an hour.
How to apply for a Mexico tourist card (Forma Migratoria Multiple)
The first thing you have to do is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the online application process. That is as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
After you gather all the items above, you need to fill in an application form. You should be able to finish that task in about 20 minutes, but keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge if you need help along the way.
The form has three steps. The first one wants your personal information. You also have to pick a processing time for your application, as well as a means of travel. Both of them are important because they determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. For processing, you have the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
In case you decide to travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second step wants you to handle the payment and review your form, while the third requires you to upload a few documents that support your request. After you do that, you can submit your application, and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that even the citizens of Mexico visa-free countries need to [obtain a Mexico tourist card]. Fortunately, iVisa can help with that. The FMM card is valid for 180 days since your arrival, and it can be used for a single entry.