As a Filipino citizen, you must obtain a visa if you wish to spend your vacation in Mexico. That can only happen at the nearest Mexican embassy. You will also have to get a Mexico tourist card, otherwise called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. While you can obtain it on the plane on your way to Mexico, or when you arrive, you also have the possibility to apply for the FMM card online before departure. That is where iVisa comes it. With our services, you can acquire the tourist card in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for Filipino citizens – requirements
One of the first things you have to do when you decide to apply online for a Mexico tourist card is to check if you have everything iVisa asks of you. With that in mind, here is what you need for the application process:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for Filipino citizens – the online application form
At this point, all that remains for you to do is to access the application page where you will be able to fill in the form. The task you are given is pretty simple, but if you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7, and you will not be charged for using it.
As you will notice, the form designed by iVisa consists of three steps. The first one focuses on three primary things: personal information, processing time, and means of travel. As for the last two, you will be given multiple choices, and the ones you make determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. As for processing, this is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
Reaching step two, you must take care of the payment and review your form to make sure you did not make any mistakes. The third and last step requires you to upload a couple of supporting documents. When you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
Needless to say, the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card is more convenient than the alternatives. The FMM card you are sent is valid for 180 days after arrival, and it can be used for a single entry.