Iraqi citizens who plan a trip to Mexico for tourism purposes are required to obtain a tourist visa from the nearest Mexican embassy. However, you will also need a Mexico Tourist Card (Forma Migratoria Multiple), which can be applied for online. If you decide to use the services rendered by iVisa, the card can be in your e-mail inbox in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for Iraqi citizens – the requirements
Fortunately, you do not have to struggle with putting together everything necessary for the online application process because the list of requirements is short. Plus, all the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for Iraqi citizens – processing time and fees
The amount you will spend on your Mexico tourist card depends on your means of travel and the processing timeframe you select for your application. As to the latter, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The online application form
After you put together everything necessary, you are free to fill in the application form. However, the whole job should not take more than 20 minutes of your time. Not to mention that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge if you need some help.
The form you have to complete consists of three steps. The first one focuses on personal information, processing time, and means of travel. That is the moment when you have to provide them all.
The second step wants you to handle the payment and review your form, while the third requires you to upload a few necessary documents. When you are finished, submit your form, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card for Iraqi citizens is close to effortless. The document is valid for 180 days since arrival, it grants a single entry, and it covers a stay of no more than 180 days in Mexico.