Taiwanese citizens who plan to spend their vacation in Mexico are not required to apply for a visa because they are exempt. On the other hand, you will need a Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. The document is available for purchase on the plane, as well as on arrival, but with iVisa, you can apply for it online and have it approved in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for Taiwanese citizens – requirements
One of the first things you need to check is whether or not you can meet the requirements. Fortunately, the list does not contain anything out of the ordinary. All items are easy to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for Taiwanese citizens – the online application form
Since you know what you need, we will provide a short description of the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. But please do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support if you experience any difficulties during the process. The service is open 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you are given to fill in consists of three simple steps. The first one wants you to insert your personal information. You are also asked to disclose your means of travel and select a processing time for your application. As far as the processing is concerned, you are given three choices, and the one you pick determines the cost of your Mexico tourist card. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
When you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time. Reaching the second step, you need to handle the payment and review the information you provided so that your form does not contain any mistakes that may invalidate your tourist card. And finally, step number three gives you instructions on how to upload the supporting documents of your application. You can submit your form when you are done, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
Needless to say, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card for Taiwanese citizens implies minimal effort. The document can be used for a single entry, and it is valid for 180 days from the date of your arrival in Mexico.