Mexico Visa for the citizens of Afghanistan

Mexico Visa for the citizens of Afghanistan
iVisa | Updated on Feb 04, 2020

The citizens of Afghanistan must apply for a consular visa when traveling to Mexico, and unfortunately, iVisa cannot help with that. However, we are giving you the opportunity to obtain your Tourist Card online also known as FMM (Forma Migratoria Múltiple). That way, you do not have to get it on the plane or when you arrive in Mexico. Using iVisa’s services means that you can have your card in just 30 minutes.

Alt Text

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is a Mexican Tourist Card or FMM?

A FMM is a tourist permit required for everyone traveling to Mexico who is not getting payed to work.

What are the requirements for getting the FMM?

The Tourist Card is not a demanding document to obtain. In fact, the list of requirements is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:

  • Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
  • Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
  • E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
  • Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.

What are the fees of obtaining an FMM through iVisa?

As far as processing is concerned, you need to make a choice from the following:

  • Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. But it is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just USD 20.00.
  • Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 4 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged USD 40.00.
  • Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay USD 60.00 for it.

Bear in mind that the costs above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.

How is the application form?

After you have everything listed above, you are ready to fill in the application form. You should not find it challenging, but if you need assistance, iVisa offers 24/7 customer support. The service can be reached via online chat or phone and is free of charge. You can contact us here.

The form you must fill in is broken down into three steps.

  1. The first one requires you to provide your personal information, but you also have to select a processing time for your application, as well as a means of travel (by air or by land). Your decision influence the cost of your Mexico Tourist Card.

  2. Step number two consists of payment and revision.

  3. And the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application.

After you do that, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will deliver the document you request in the timeframe of your choosing.

How long is this FMM valid for?

This FMM is valid for 180 days after arrival.

How long can I stay in Mexico? How many entries am I granted?

You can stay a maximum of 180 days Total. This is a Single Entry permit, meaning you can only enter once.

Can I apply for my family/friends?

Yes, but you do need to have all the documents mention above of each traveler!

If you only want to add one person to your application you can do so by clicking in "Add new applicant" in the application form!

Do my kids need a FMM?

Yes they do. Every traveler, regardless their age, need this permit.

I have more questions, where can I find out more?

If you want more information you can click here or you can contact us! We will always be happy to help you.

While iVisa cannot help with the process of obtaining a Mexico Visa for the citizens of Afghanistan, it can help you purchase a Tourist Card. The document you receive maintains its validity for 180 days since arrival, you can use it for a single entry, and you can stay in Mexico for no more than 180 days. Don't wait any longer! Help us help you have a stress free trip!

Share this article on
Need Help?