The citizens of Austria are among the many nationalities that are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. Even so, you need to purchase a Mexico Tourist Card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. While you can fill in an application on the plane or when you arrive in Mexico, iVisa can help you eliminate that stress by helping you apply in advance.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Austria – the requirements
Before you fill in an application, we recommend that you gather everything necessary for the online application process. However, you will be pleased to learn that you do not need much. Only the following:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Austria – the online application form
After all the requirements above are met, you are free to fill in the application form. You should find it easy to complete, but if it happens to have some questions, you can reach iVisa’s customer support service via online chat or phone. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
You will notice that the form consists of three simple steps. The first one focuses on personal information, but you also need to make a choice regarding the processing timeframe of your application. The cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on that. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
As for the second step, you need to take care of the payment and review your form and correct any erred information so that you do not end up with an invalid tourist card. And finally, the third step requires you to upload some documents. As soon as you are done, you can submit your form, and iVisa will take it from there.
So, while Austrian citizens do not need a visa to go to Mexico on vacation, you still need to acquire a Mexico tourist card. iVisa can help with that. The document is valid for 180 days, it provides a single entry, and your stay in Mexico is covered for up to 180 days.