According to Mexico’s visa policy, the citizens of Barbados are not required to obtain a visa when spending their vacation in Mexico. Nevertheless, you do need to acquire a Mexico Tourist Card. To avoid doing that on the plane or when you arrive in Mexico, iVisa gives you the opportunity to apply online before departure. You can have it approved in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Barbados – requirements
You will find out that the process of getting a Mexico tourist card is not at all demanding. Only a few things are necessary, and chances are that you already have them. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Barbados – processing time and fees
The cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on the processing timeframe you choose for your application. As far as this is concerned, iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
The online application form
To know what to expect when you access the application page, we offer a short description of the application form you have to fill in. But before we do that, know that iVisa provides non-stop customer support. The service is free of charge.
The form in questions consists of three simple steps. The first one focuses on personal information, but this is also the moment when you have to mention your means of travel and select a processing time for your application. The second step wants you to make the payment and review your form, while the third expects you to upload a few necessary documents. When you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa will take things further.
The bottom line is that while the citizens of Barbados are not required to get a visa when visiting Mexico, a Tourist card is necessary, and here is where iVisa can help. The document you receive is valid for 180 days since arrival in Mexico, you can stay there for just as much, and you are granted a single entry.