According to Mexico’s visa policy, as a citizen of Belize, you are not required to obtain a visa if you take a trip to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, you need to get a Mexico tourist card. You can either apply for it on the plane or when you arrive in Mexico. But we suggest that you apply online before departure. With iVisa, you can get the card in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Belize – requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the online application process is stress-free and takes very little of your time. Plus, the requirements are easy to meet. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Belize – the online application form
After you make sure that the requirements are met, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It should take about 20 minutes of your time, but do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support service if you find yourself in need of a little bit of help. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
There are three simple steps you need to complete. The first one covers the basics such as personal information, means of travel, and processing time. As for the latter, you need to choose among three options, and your choice will determine how long you have to wait for your Mexico tourist card, as well as its cost. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second step just wants you to handle the payment and review your form to make sure that the information you inserted is 100% correct. Otherwise, your card will be invalid. And finally, the third step requires you to upload a few documents. Once that is done, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting a Mexico Tourist Card is far more convenient than filling an application on the plane or standing in line when you arrive in Mexico. The card is valid for 180 days after arrival, you can use it for a single entry, and it keeps you covered for up to 180 days.