Same as many other nationalities, the citizens of Chile do not need a visa when traveling to Mexico for their vacation. However, you are required to acquire a Mexico Tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. While you can apply for it on the plane or when you get to Mexico, you are also given the opportunity to obtain it online. And here is where iVisa can provide assistance.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Chile – the requirements
The online application process of getting a Mexico tourist card is not at all demanding. The list of requirements is short, and you may already have the necessary things. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Chile – the online application form
After you ensure that all the requirements are fulfilled, you can proceed to fill in the application form. You should not experience any difficulties in the process, but if you have questions or concerns, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. It is at your disposal 24/7 and completely free of charge.
The form we are talking about happens in three stages. Stage number one is interested in general information about yourself and your trip, but you are also asked to choose a means of travel and a processing timeframe for your application. Keep in mind that your choices dictate the cost of your Mexico tourist card. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second step consists of payment and review, while the third requires you to upload a few necessary documents. When you are done with all three steps, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Chile is incredibly convenient when you apply online. The document is valid for 180 days since arrival, it covers your stay for just as much, and you can only use it for one entry.