As a Chinese national, when you travel to Mexico for tourism or business purposes, you first have to pay a visit to the nearest Mexican diplomatic mission and obtain a visa. You will also have to get a Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. The FMM card can be bought on the plane or on arrival, but with iVisa, you can apply for it online before departure and have it approved in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of China – requirements
The requirements for a Mexico tourist card are not out of the ordinary. The list is short, and the items on it are easy to put your hands on. Here is what you need to provide iVisa with for a successful application process:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of China – the online application form
The moment when you notice that you have everything you need you can move on and fill in the application form. You should finish this task in approximately 20 minutes, and if you need help or have questions, do not hesitate to reach iVisa’s customer support. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
There are three steps you need to go through. The first one asks for your personal information, but it also requires you to choose a processing time for your application and a means of travel. Keep in mind that the cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on your choices. Concerning the processing, here are your options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
Moving on to step two, this is the point at which you have to handle the payment and review your form. You cannot submit erred information. Otherwise, your FMM card will be invalid. The third and last step requires you to upload the supporting documents of your application. Once you do that, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will handle the rest.
What you must remember is that iVisa created a short and straightforward application process so that you can obtain the Mexico tourist card without too much effort. The FMM card is valid for 180 days from the date of your arrival in Mexico, and it ensures a single entry.