The citizens of Colombia do not need a visa to travel to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, a Mexico tourist card is necessary. It is also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM), and you can apply for it on the plane or when you arrive in Mexico. However, with iVisa, you can acquire the card online before departure in as little as 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Mexican FMM?
The Mexican FMM is a tourist permit required for every traveler wanting to travel to Mexico for tourism purposes only.
What are the requirements for the citizens of Colombia?
When you apply online for a Mexico tourist card, you should know that the list of requirements is not long, and the chances of you already having the items on it are pretty high. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
What is the cost and processing times?
As for the processing times, keep in mind that your choices affect the cost of your Mexico tourist card. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 4 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay USD 60.00 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
How's the online application form?
The next thing you must handle is the application form. Filling it in should take you about 20 minutes, but if you need help, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
When you fill in the form, you will go through three simple steps.
The first one asks for your personal information, but you also have to select a means of travel and a processing time for your application.
Reaching the second step entails making the payment, but you must review your form as well. It is crucial that you do not submit erred information. This could lead to a invalid FMM.
And finally, step number three wants you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
How long is the FMM valid for?
For the citizens of Colombia, the FMM is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in Mexico with the FMM and how many entries am I allowed?
You can stay in the country a maximum of 180 days Total and you're granted a Single Entry, meaning you can only enter once!
Do I need to apply for my kids?
Yes. All travelers going to Mexico need the Mexico FMM.
Can I apply for my family or friends?
Sure! If you have every document required and their personal information, you can apply for them.
Can I see a FMM sample?
Here is one:
Where can I look up more information?
Can I trust ivisa for this process?
Of course you can! We are a trustworthy company and we assure you, your information will be private and save. Check our testimonials if you have any doubts.
As you can see, the process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Colombia is incredibly easy with iVisa. You just a click away from an amazing adventure in a country full of excitement!