The citizens of Colombia do not need a visa to travel to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, a Mexico tourist card is necessary. It is also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, and you can apply for it on the plane or when you arrive in Mexico. However, with iVisa, you can acquire the card online before departure in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Colombia – the requirements
When you apply online for a Mexico tourist card, you should know that the list of requirements is not long, and the chances of you already having the items on it are pretty high. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Colombia – the online application form
The next thing you must handle is the application form. Filling it in should take you about 20 minutes, but if you need help, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
When you fill in the form, you will go through three simple steps. The first one asks for your personal information, but you also have to select a means of travel and a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that your choices affect the cost of your Mexico tourist card. As for processing, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
Reaching the second step entails making the payment, but you must review your form as well. It is crucial that you do not submit erred information. And finally, step number three wants you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, the process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Colombia is incredibly easy with iVisa. The document is valid for 180 days since arrival, you can use it for one entry, and it covers a stay of up to 180 days.