Most nationalities in the world need a visa to travel to Mexico, regardless of the purpose. The citizens of Cuba make no difference. You will also need a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. While you can fill in an application on the plane or get it on arrival, iVisa gives you the opportunity to purchase your FMM card online before departure. The document can be approved in only half an hour.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Cuba – the requirements
You do not have to worry about the requirements because the list is short, and the things on it are easy to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Cuba -the online application form
What is left for you to do at this point is to fill in the application form. You should not experience any difficulties completing the task, but iVisa provides customer support 24/7 should you need a little assistance. The service is free of charge.
When you access the application page, you will see that iVisa broke down the form into three steps. Step one wants your personal information, but it also asks that you pick a processing timeframe for your application and a means of travel. Both choices have an impact in the cost of your Mexico tourist card. When it comes to processing, you re given three choices:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third requires you to upload a few supporting documents. After you do that, you are free to submit your application, and iVisa will take care of everything else that follows. You just have to wait at this point.
As you can see, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card does not involve too much trouble. The FMM card is valid for 180 days since the date of arrival, and you can only use it to enter Mexico once.