The citizens of Ecuador are among the visa-exempt nationals who can travel to Mexico for tourism purposes. Nevertheless, purchasing a Mexico tourist card is mandatory for all tourists. Also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, the card is often confused with a visa. But in reality, it is not. You can apply for one while you are on the plane to Mexico, and you can also get it at arrival. However, we suggest that you acquire it online before departure, and iVisa can help with that.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Ecuador – the requirements
To apply for a Mexico tourist card, you need to meet a few simple requirements. The list is short, however, and the items on it are easy to obtain. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Ecuador – the online application form
Once you make sure that the requirements are fulfilled, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. iVisa created a short and simple form, but if you need help, you can contact our customer support via online chat or phone. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form consists of three steps. During the first one, you need to provide your personal information. You also have to select a processing time for your application and mention your means of travel. Both factors determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. As far as processing goes, you are provided with the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
Getting to the second step means that you must handle the payment and review your form to make sure it does not include erred information. The third and final step wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card is not at all complicated and less time consuming than standing in a line at arrival. The card is valid for 180 days after you arrive in Mexico, you can use it for a single entry, and it covers a stay that cannot exceed 180 days.