The citizens of Egypt who wish to travel to Mexico for tourism purposes must apply for a visa at the nearest Egyptian embassy. However, you will also need a Mexico Tourist card for your trip. It is also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. While you can request one from the airline you are traveling with or purchase it when you arrive in Mexico, iVisa can help you obtain it online before departure in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Egypt – the requirements
The requirements for a Mexico tourist card are not as demanding as for a visa. However, you still need to put together some information and a few documents that are necessary during the online application process. They are as follows:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Egypt – the online application form
After you see that you have everything necessary, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. You should finish this task in about 20 minutes, but remember that if you need any help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support 24/7. The service does not charge.
The form you are required to complete consists of three steps. The first one focuses on general information. It also asks that you mention your means of travel and select a processing timeframe for your application. The cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on your choice, and iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
During the second step, you need to insert your payment details and review your form to make sure that you do not submit incorrect information. And finally, the third step wants you to upload a few documents. You can submit your application once you are done, and iVisa will handle everything else from that point on.
Needless to say, the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card is incredibly convenient. The card you are sent is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, it covers a stay of up to just as much, and you can use it for a single entry.