The citizens of Egypt who want to travel to Egypt must apply for a Mexico Tourist Card before planning their trip. It is also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple or FMM.
While you can request one from the airline you are traveling with or purchase it when you arrive in Mexico, iVisa can help you obtain it online before departure. All you have to do for that is simply fill in an application form, and we will explain you what else you should do in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm from Egypt, do I need a visa to enter Mexico?
You don't need a visa to enter Mexico, what you need is a Tourist Card or FMM (Forma Migratoria Múltiple).
How many types of Mexican FMM are there for the citizens of Egypt?
There's just one Tourist Card or FMM, the only thing is that this card can work for air or land, and the cost will differ. The Mexican Tourist Card by Land has a cost of USD 29.00.
How long can I stay in Mexico with my FMM?
If you're from Egypt, you can stay 180 days Total.
What are the requirements to get the FMM?
The requirements for a Mexico tourist card are not as demanding as for a visa. However, you still need to put together some information and a few documents that are necessary during the online application process. They are as follows:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal.
For How Long Can I use The FMM?
Your Mexican Tourist Card is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How much is the price to get the FMM?
The cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on your choice, and iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 4 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes higher. You will be charged USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay USD 60.00 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional USD 29.00 for each processing time.
How much time do I need to apply for the FMM?
You'll be ready to receive your FMM in less than 15 minutes.
How is the application form for Egypts?
After you see that you have everything necessary, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. You should finish this task in about 20 minutes, but remember that if you need any help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support 24/7. The service does not charge.
The form you are required to complete consists of three steps:
The first one focuses on general information. It also asks that you mention your means of travel and select a processing timeframe for your application.
During the second step, you need to insert your payment details and review your form to make sure that you do not submit incorrect information.
And finally, the third step wants you to upload a few documents. You can submit your application once you are done, and iVisa will handle everything else from that point on.
Needless to say, the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card is incredibly convenient.
What should I do as soon as I complete my application?
Don't you worry about this part. As soon as you finish with your application process, you'll get the e-Visa omn e-mail according to the processing time you chose from above. As you might guess, you don't have to deal with the Embassy at all.
How many entries does the Mexican FMM allow to Egypt citizens?
If you're from Egypr, then you'll get an FMM with a Single Entry, so this means you can enter Mexico only once. Take that in consideration when planning your trip.
What would I do if I travel by car or bus?
If your mean of transportation is terrestrial (car or bus), then you must apply for a Tourist Card by Land, which has an extra cost of USD 29.00. Consider that when choosing your processing time to apply.
Can I apply for family members or some friends?
It's completely normal if you want to travel with friends or family. In that case, you'll have to apply for them as long as they obviously have the same requirements asked before.
And remember that if you're are applying for one friend or one family member, you can apply for them here by having in their personal data.
To add just one person, then you can do it only selecting ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form.
Do I have to apply for my kids too?
If you travel with children, yes, you have to apply for them separately. They count just as another passenger.
How does the Mexican FMM look like?
Where can I read more information about Mexican FMM?
Do you still have some questions to solve? Don't worry! You can contact our customer center here to receive a faster and precise attention. Or just click on the Mexico FMM page to read other important FAQs that could help you to plan your trip sucessfully.
Start your trip to Mexico by applying online with iVisa and forget about some tedious paperwork!