French citizens who wish to spend their vacation in Mexico are not required to obtain a visa before departure. They are visa-exempt.
However, a Mexico tourist card is mandatory. This document is also referred as Forma Migratoria Múltiple, and while you can apply for it on the plane or on arrival, iVisa.com can help you acquire it before departure. The process is entirely online, and the card can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a French passport, do I need a visa to visit Mexico?
If the FMM cost is zero, why do I need to pay?
iVisa.com wants to make things easier for you, that is why by applying online you avoid lines in the airport that can make you waste time you can use in your trip. That is why our service costs an affordable price.
What is a Mexico Tourist Card?
A Mexico Tourist Card or FMM (Forma Migratoria Múltiple, previously referred to as an FMT), is a tourist permit that is required for all foreign citizen travelers to Mexico who will not be engaged in any type of remunerated work.
How long is the Mexico Tourist Card valid for?
This tourist card has a validity of 180 days after arrival, grants a Single Entry for a maximum stay of 180 days in Total. This eVisa is for tourism purposes only.
What are the documents required to apply?
We require the following to submit your application:
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- Airplane ticket (Air Arrival - including the Flight number).
- Credit/Debit card or Paypal account for the payment.
What are the processing times and prices?
When it comes to processing times and prices, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just USD $17.49 (service fees included).
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 4 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged USD $29.99 (service fees included).
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay USD $52.99 (service fees included) for it.
Click here to start your application.
How long does it take to apply for a Mexico Tourist Card?
Less than 10 minutes. You just need to fill our easy application form.
How can I apply for a Mexico Tourist Card?
Once you access the application page, you will notice that the form consists of three steps:
- The first one wants you to provide personal information, choose a means of travel, and select a processing time for your application. The last two choices will establish the cost of your Mexico tourist card.
- Reaching the second step means that you have to take care of the payment and review your form. We cannot stress enough the importance of submitting your information accurately. Otherwise, your tourist card will be invalid.
- And finally, the third step requires you to upload a few documents that support your application.
Click here to start. Once you are done, hit the submit button, and iVisa.com will take care of the rest. In case you need assistance filling out your application, iVisa.com has a fantastic support service that you can call 24/7.
Do I need to get a Tourist Card for my kids too?
Yes. All foreign citizens wishing to travel to Mexico require a visa, even kids.
Do I need a Tourist Card if I am in transit through Mexico?
You ONLY need a Tourist Card if you plan to leave the airport while in Mexico.
What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?
If you made a mistake when entering your data online then please contact our customer service representatives as soon as possible via online chat to assist you, modifications are no longer possible if we already submitted your application and you will have to apply again but we will not charge you an additional.
What if I travel by land?
You also have to apply for an FMM, but in this case, is a Tourist Card by Land, which has an extra cost if you compare it to the FMM by air. The cost of it is USD $32.00.
How does the Mexican Tourist Card for French citizens Look Like?
This is a sample:
Is it safe to use iVisa to get my Tourist Card?
Many people think that online information leaks and that their personal info is at risk of getting into the wrong hands. However, that is not the case with our services. We provide maximum safety for your personal data, confidentiality, and we invest a lot in the security of our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.
I have more unresolved questions, where can I find more info?
Mexico offers an incredible array of tourist attractions, including the famous Rivera Maya. This gorgeous stretch of coastline is known for its famous towns of Cancún, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel island, and even more. Located on the eastern side of the Yucatán Peninsula, it attracts millions of visitors every year. Even though you may feel it becomes crowded, it provides a peaceful environment with clear waters, all-inclusive resorts, and more. Also, you can enjoy some fun activities, such as dolphin and stingray swims, snorkeling, scuba diving, and more. Don’t miss the chance to see reefs, tropical fish, and the largest underwater museum with sculptures submerged near the shoreline. History is nearby with some ancient Mayan ruins. The most impressive ones are Chichén Itzá and Tulum. Take a full-day tour to explore these magnificent sites.
Puerto Vallarta is another spot you must explore. Located on the Pacific coast, Puerto Vallarta has been a vacation destination since the 1960s. Nowadays, the city attracts cruise ship audiences and young people looking for an adventure, like paragliding or jet skiing. The city center offers shops for arts and crafts and serene beachside promenades. Check the massive green spaces and sculptures. Make sure to pass by the fabulous beaches.