French citizens who wish to spend their vacation in Mexico are not required to obtain a visa before departure. They are visa exempt. However, a Mexico tourist card is mandatory. It is also named a Forma Migratoria Multiple, and while you can apply for it on the plane or at arrival, iVisa can help you acquire it before departure. The process is entirely online, and the card can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of France – requirements
The first thing you have to do before you start the application process is to make sure that you have everything you need. However, that should not be a problem because the requirements are easy to meet. Here is what you must have at hand during the process:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of France – the online application form
After you gather all of the above, you can move on and fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you have questions or concerns regarding the process, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
Once you access the application page, you will notice that the form consists of three steps. The first one wants you to provide personal information, choose a means of travel, and select a processing time for your application. The last two choices will establish the cost of your Mexico tourist card. When it comes to processing, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
Reaching the second step means that you have to take care of the payment and review your form. We cannot stress enough the importance of submitting only accurate information. Otherwise, your tourist card will be invalid.
And finally, the third step requires you to upload a few documents that support your application. Once you are done, hit the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, getting a Mexico tourist card is easy to obtain when you apply online. The document has a validity period of 180 days since arrival, it can be used for a single entry, and you are covered for up to 180 days.