The citizens of Germany are not required to apply for a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. What you need, however, is a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. While it is available with some airlines and on arrival, you are given the opportunity to apply for it online before departure. iVisa can help you get it in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Germany – the requirements
First of all, you need to check whether or not you meet all the requirements. Putting them all together should not be a struggle because there is nothing on that list that is difficult to acquire. You will need the following:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Germany – the online application form
Once you acquire everything necessary, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. You should not find this task challenging, but if you need some help, iVisa is ready to jump in at any time. The customer support service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The application form you need to fill in is broken down into three simple steps. Step number one is interested in general information about yourself and your trip, but it also asks that you choose a processing time for your application. As to that, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Remember that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third wants you to upload the necessary documentation that supports your application. After you do that, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will send you the tourist card in the timeframe of your choosing.
The bottom line is that getting a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Germany is incredibly accessible when you apply online. The card is valid for 180 days since arrival, it grants a single entry, and your stay in Mexico is covered for up to 180 days.