The Ghanaian citizens who plan to spend their vacation in Mexico must first apply for a tourist visa at the nearest Mexican embassy. However, you will also need a Mexico tourist card (Forma Migratoria Multiple), and while you can get it on the plane or at arrival, iVisa gives you the possibility to acquire it online before departure. If you use the online application system, the card can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Ghana – the requirements
Before you begin the online application process, you need to check if you have everything required. The list is not very long, and chances are that you already have some of the items on it. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – when you apply online for a Tourist card, you must have at hand a valid passport. Moreover, the travel document in question has to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Airplane ticket – this requirement applies only if you travel to Mexico by air. It is essential to provide a flight number. When you take the trip by car, no substitute document is needed.
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, your Tourist Card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out before departure. Also, we suggest that you write down the FMM number just in case your Tourist Card is lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – an online application process also requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts multiple such methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Ghana – the online application form
After all requirements are met, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. You should spend about 20 minutes completing the task, but if you need any help, keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form created by iVisa is made of three easy steps. The first one requires you to give iVisa general information about yourself and your trip, mention your means of travel, but you also get to choose a processing time for your application. As far as that is concerned, you are given three choices, and the option you select determines the cost of your Mexico tourist card. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand. It is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and the fee is just $20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, you receive your Tourist Card in just 6 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes a bit higher. You will be charged $40.
- Super Rush processing – as the fastest available option, this is the most expensive. The Tourist Card is approved in 30 minutes, but you have to pay $60 for it.
Bear in mind that the fees above apply when you travel by air. If you choose to travel by land, you will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
Moving on to step number two, this is the moment when you have to make the payment and review your form. It is essential that the information you submit is error-free. Otherwise, your tourist card will be invalid, and you have to repeat the process.
Last but not least, the third step wants you to upload your application’s supporting documentation. When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
The bottom line is that while the Ghanaians need a Mexico visa, for which they have to apply at the embassy, they also need a Mexico tourist card. Fortunately, the latter is available online. The card is valid for 180 days since arrival, it covers a single entry, and it allows its holder to stay in Mexico for no more than 180 days.