According to Mexico’s visa policy, the citizens of Greece do not need a visa if they wish to spend their vacation in Mexico. However, what you do need is to purchase a Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You have the option to apply for it on the plane on your way to Mexico, or on arrival. But iVisa gives you the opportunity to apply for the card online before departure.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Greece – the requirements
The first thing you have to do before you start the online application process is to check if you have everything you need. Of course, the list of requirements is short, and every item on it is easy to acquire. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Greece – processing time and fees
The cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on your means of travel and the processing timeframe you select for your application. Regarding the processing, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The online application form
In order for you to know what to expect when you access the application page, we will provide a short description of the application form you need to fill in. But before we do that, we would like to let you know that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge should you need assistance.
The form you must fill in consists of three easy steps. The first one wants your personal information, but this is also the point at which you need to select a processing time and mention your means of travel. The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third asks you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do everything you are supposed to, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will deal with the rest.
As you can see, the citizens of Greece have easy access to an Mexico tourist card. The card has a validity period of 180 days since arrival, it covers a single entry, and you can stay in Mexico for up to 180 days.