The citizens of Hong Kong who plan to spend their vacation in Mexico do not have to obtain a visa in advance. However, what you must purchase is a Mexico Tourist Card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can apply for it on the plane or get it on arrival, but you also have the option to acquire it before departure using the services provided by iVisa.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong – requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the list of requirements for a Mexico tourist card is short and includes items that are easy to acquire. Plus, you may already have everything you need. Here is what you need to have at hand for the online application process:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong – the online application form
The next thing you have to do is to fill in the application form. You should complete this task in approximately 20 minutes, but remember that if you need any help, iVisa’s customer support service is at your disposal non-stop and free of charge.
iVisa created a 3-step application form. During the first step, you are required to insert your personal information. You also have to mention your means of travel and choose a processing time for your application, both of which determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. When it comes to processing, you have three options at your disposal:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The second step expects you to take care of the payment and review your form to make sure it does not contain any erred information, while the third is the moment when iVisa asks that you upload the documents that support your application. After you are done, you can submit your request, and iVisa will deliver the tourist card in the timeframe you agreed on.
Needless to say, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Hong Kong is incredibly convenient when you apply online. The card is valid for 180 days since arrival, it grants a single entry, and it covers a stay of up to 180 days in Mexico.