Hungarian citizens, like many other nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa if when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, you still need to buy a Mexico tourist card. Also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, the document can be obtained on the plane or on arrival, but with iVisa, you can apply for it online before departure. It can be approved in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Hungary – requirements
To be able to start the online application process, first, you need to check if you have everything necessary. That should not be difficult because the requirements are not that many and easy to obtain. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Hungary – the online application form
After you take care of the requirements, you are free to go ahead and fill in the application form. You should not spend more than 20 minutes on it, but remember that if you need help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is open non-stop and free of charge.
iVisa created a simple form. It consists of three steps, and you need to go through them all. The first one is interested in general information about yourself and your trip, but you also must choose a processing time for your application and mention your means of travel. When it comes to processing, you are given three choices, and the one you make will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
Concerning the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The second step consists of payment and revision. It is important not to submit inaccurate information. Otherwise, your card will be invalid. And finally, step number three asks that you upload a few documents. When you are done, you are free to submit your application, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card is far more convenient than obtaining it on arrival. The document is valid for 180 days, it covers a single entry, and you can stay in Mexico for no more than 180 days.