Iceland is one of the many countries whose citizens do not need a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, what you do need to obtain is a Mexico tourist card. It is also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can apply for it on the plane or on arrival, but you also have the possibility to get it online before departure. With iVisa, the card can be approved in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Iceland – requirements
What you need to do first is to check whether or not you meet all the requirements. But the list is not very long, and chances are you already have some of the necessary items. You will need the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Iceland – the online application form
After the requirements are met, you can proceed to the page where the application form is located. The task you have at hand is not supposed to be challenging, but if it happens to need help or have questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
The form iVisa created consists of three easy steps. Step one wants you to insert your personal information, but you also have to mention your means of travel and select a processing time for your application. Both factors influence the cost of your Mexico tourist card. iVisa gives you three processing time options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
During the second step, you need to take care of the payment, but you also have to carefully review your form to make sure that you did not make any mistakes. Incorrect information leads to an invalid tourist card.
Lastly, step number three is the point at which you are asked to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are finished, just submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything that follows.
What is important to remember is that the Mexico tourist card is easy to obtain when you apply online. The document keeps its validity for 180 days after arrival, it grants a single entry, and it covers a stay of up to 180 days.