As an Indian citizen, when you want to spend your holidays in Mexico, you need to go to the nearest Mexican embassy and apply for a visa. However, you will also need a Mexico Tourist Card (Forma Migratoria Multiple). When it comes to that, iVisa can help you. If you apply online using our services, the card can be approved in just half an hour.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of India – the requirements
While the process of getting a consular visa may be demanding, obtaining the Mexico tourist card is almost effortless. The first thing you have to do is to make sure that you have the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of India – the online application form
After you gather all the items on the list above, you can move on and fill in the application form. You should not find it particularly challenging, but if you need help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support service 24/7. The service does not charge.
The form you find on the application page is split into three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, but you must disclose your means of travel and choose a processing time as well. As for the latter, you are given three options, and the one you select will establish the cost of your Mexico tourist card. You can pick one of the following:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
Step number two expects you to cover the payment and review your form so that it does not contain any errors, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do everything that you are asked, submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything that follows.
As you can see, the citizens of India have easy access to a Mexico Tourist Card, even if the tourist visa is only available at the embassy. The card you receive is valid for 180 days since arrival, you can use it for one entry, and it covers a stay of no more than 180 days.