According to Mexico’s visa policy, the citizens of Indonesia cannot travel to Mexico for tourism or business purposes unless they obtain a visa in advance. You can get that at the nearest Mexican embassy. You also need to buy a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can get this one on the plane or on arrival, but if you use the services provided by Visa, you can purchase the FMM card online before departure, and you can have it in your possession in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Indonesia – requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the list of requirements for an FMM card is not extensive, and chances are that you already have some (if not all) of the items on it. Here is what you need for the online application process:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Indonesia – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, we will provide a brief description of the application form so that you know what to expect. But first of all, remember that iVisa’s customer support is available for you 24/7 and entirely free of charge. The service can be reached via online chat or phone.
The application form created by iVisa consists of three steps. The first one is interested in general information, but it also requires you to make a choice of processing time for your application and means of travel. Both decisions will influence the cost of your Mexico tourist card. Regarding the processing, here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
When you reach the second step, you have to make the payment and review your form so that it does not include any errors. The third and last step is reserved for supporting documents. iVisa will want you to upload them. When you finish all three steps, you can submit your application, and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Indonesia enjoy a short and smooth application process when getting a Mexico tourist card online. The FMM card has a validity period of 180 days, starting the date of arrival, and it can only be used for a single entry.