Same as many other nationalities, the citizens of Ireland can travel to Mexico without a visa as long as the trip is for tourism purposes. However, you need to purchase a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can get it on the plan or on arrival, but with iVisa, you can obtain it before departure in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Ireland – requirements
While the online process is not at all demanding, you still need to check if you meet the requirements. That should not be difficult, and chances are that you already have what is necessary. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Ireland – the online application form
After all the items above are at your disposal, you can move forward and fill in the application form. You should not struggle with it, but if you have questions or concerns, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available non-stop and free of charge.
As soon as you access the application page, you will notice that the form happens in three short stages. The first one wants you to insert your personal information, but you also have to disclose your means of travel and select a processing time for your application. The choices you make affect the cost of your Mexico tourist card. As far as the processing is concerned, iVisa offers three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The second stage requires you to cover the payment issue, but you also have to carefully review your form and make sure it does not contain any mistakes. Failure to do so can lead to an invalid tourist card.
And finally, the third stage is the point at which iVisa gives you instructions on how to upload the supporting documents of your application. Once you are finished, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will handle the rest.
As you can see, the process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Ireland involves minimal effort. The card has a validity period of 180 days since arrival, it covers a single entry, and it allows you to stay in Mexico for up to 180 days.