iVisa | Updated on Jul 07, 2022

Like all nationalities for the European Union, the citizens of Italy are not required to get a visa when traveling to Mexico as tourists. However, a Mexico tourist card is necessary even for visa-exempt nationalities. The Forma Migratoria Multiple, as it is called, is available for purchase on the plane to Mexico, as well as on arrival. But with iVisa, you can get it online before departure in just 30 minutes.

Fill me in

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I have an Italian passport, do I need a visa to visit Mexico?

Not exactly. What all Italian visitors need to apply for is a Tourist Card. You can check the requirements here.

If the visa cost is zero, why do I need to pay?

iVisa wants to make things easier for you, that is why by applying online you avoid lines in the airport that can make you waste time you can use in your trip. That is why our service costs an affordable price.

What is a Mexico Tourist Card?

A Mexico Tourist Card or FMM ("Forma Migratoria Múltiple," previously referred to as an FMT), is a tourist permission that is required for all foreign citizen travelers to Mexico who will not be engaged in any type of remunerated work.

How long is the Mexico Tourist Card long for?

Your tourist card will have a validity of 180 days after arrival, grants a Single Entry for a maximum stay of 180 days in Total. It can be use only with tourist purposes.

What are the documents required to apply?

You just need a few documents to apply with us:

  • Passport – you aren't able to apply for a Mexico tourist card if you don't have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
  • Airplane ticket – you need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa needs at least the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
  • E-mail address – when you apply online for your FMM, you will obtain the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
  • Means of payment – when you apply on the Internet, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal.

What are the processing times and prices?

When it's about prices and processing times, you have three options, and the one you select will give you the cost of your Mexico tourist card. These are the options you have:

  • Standard processing – your visa application is processed within 24 hours, and the price is USD 43.99 (service fees included).

  • Rush processing – you will receive your visa within 4 hours, and the total price of it is USD 67.99 (service fees included).

  • Super rush processing – this is the fastest option. You will get your Tourist Card in only 30 minutes, and you will be charged USD 77.99 (service fees included).

Click here to start your application.

How long does it take to apply for a Mexico Tourist Card?

Less than 10 minutes. You just need to fill our easy application form.

How can I apply for a Mexico Tourist Card?

Once you access the application page, you will notice that the form consists of three steps:

  1. The first step will ask you to fill in your general information. You also need to choose the processing time from the options mentioned above.

  2. The second step will ask you to revise step one and make the payment.

  3. The last step consists of a questionnaire and a photo upload. It is at this point when you need to upload your passport scan. Other documents may be required as well, but it depends on personal circumstances.

You can click here to start. Once you are done, hit the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest. In case you need assistance to fill your application, iVisa has a fantastic support service that you can call 24/7.

Do I need to get a Tourist Card for my kids too?

Yes, totally. All foreign citizens wishing to travel to Mexico require a visa, even kids.

Do I need a Tourist Card if I am in transit through Mexico?

You JUST will need a Tourist Card if you plan to leave the airport while in Mexico.

I am arriving by car, can I use this Tourist card?

You must apply for the Tourist Card (Land) if you are planning on arriving in Mexico by car, which you can obtain by clicking here.

What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?

If you made a mistake when entering your data online then please contact our customer service representatives as soon as possible via online chat to assist you, modifications are no longer possible if we already submitted your application and you will have to apply again but we will not charge you an additional.

How will I know if my FMM is ready?

We always let you know about that. We will inform you by e-mail whenever possible after the Mexican Government approves the FMM

Is it safe to use iVisa to get my Tourist Card?

Many people think that online information leaks and that their personal info is at risk of getting into the wrong hands. However, that is not the case with our services. We provide maximum safety for your personal data, confidentiality, and we invest a lot in the security of our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.

I have more unresolved questions, where can I find more info?

For a faster resolution click here and start chatting with one of our customer service representatives. Alternatively, you can find more info and FAQs here.

Was this page helpful?