Like all nationalities for the European Union, the citizens of Italy are not required to get a visa when traveling to Mexico as tourists. However, a Mexico tourist card is necessary even for visa-exempt nationalities. The Forma Migratoria Multiple, as it is called, is available for purchase on the plane to Mexico, as well as on arrival. But with iVisa, you can get it online before departure in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Italy – the requirements
The online application process for a Mexico tourist card is not at all demanding. You will only need a few things, and they are easy to acquire. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Italy – processing time and fees
The price of a Mexico tourist card depends on two factors: the processing timeframe you select for your application and the means of travel. Concerning the processing time, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The online application form
After you make sure that all the requirements are met, you can proceed to fill in the application form. Most people complete the task in about 20 minutes, but if you feel like you need help, iVisa provides 24/7 customer support. The service is free of charge.
The form created by iVisa is made of three simple steps. The first one focuses on personal information, processing time, and means of travel. The second step wants you to handle the payment and review your form to make sure it does not contain mistakes. And lastly, the third step includes instructions on how to upload the documents that support your application. When the steps are complete, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle everything else.
As you can notice, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Italy is not at all complicated. The card you receive is valid for 180 days since arrival, and it covers a single entry.