As a Jamaican citizen, you do not have to concern yourself with getting a visa before traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. That is because you are visa exempt. However, you are required to obtain a Mexico tourist card. It is also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can apply for it on the plane or on arrival. But iVisa comes with a better alternative. Apply for the card online, and it can be approved in just half an hour.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Jamaica – the requirements
The online application process is not at all stressful, and you are required to come up with very few things. In fact, you may already have some of the items you need for a successful application process. They are as follows:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Jamaica – the online application form
You can move on and fill in the application form as soon as you realize you have everything you need. The task you are given is simple, but if you need a little assistance, know that iVisa’s customer support service is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you must fill in is divided into three steps. The first one asks that you offer your personal information, but you also have to choose a means of travel and a processing time frame for your application. Both choices influence the cost of your Mexico tourist visa. As far as the processing is concerned, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
Moving on to the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The second part of the application requires you to cover the payment and review your form. It is essential that the information you provide contains no mistakes. And finally, step number three wants you to upload the documents that support your request. You can submit your request as soon as you are done, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the online process of acquiring a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Jamaica is close to effortless. iVisa does most of the heavy lifting. The card is valid for 180 days since arrival, and it covers a single entry.