Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Japan are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, that does not spare you from getting a Mexico tourist card. You can obtain it from the airline you are flying with or on arrival, but iVisa gives you a better alternative. Apply for the card online before departure, and you only have to wait for your request to be processed in 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Japan – requirements
The Mexico tourist card is not a demanding document to obtain. Even so, you still need to make sure that you have everything you need for a successful application process. What you must have at hand is the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Japan – the online application form
You can access the application page and fill in the form as soon as you notice that you have everything required for the process. The task at hand should not take you too long, but iVisa provides 24/7 customer support in case you have questions or concerns. The service does not charge.
You will notice that the form created by iVisa consists of three steps. The first one wants your personal information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application and a means of travel. As for processing, you are given three choices, and the one you opt for will affect the cost of your Mexico tourist card. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, you should know that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
Moving on to step number two, this is the moment when you are asked to make the payment and review your form, while the third contains instructions on how to upload your application’s supporting documents. When you are finished, submit your request, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
Surely, we can all agree that the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card for the citizens of Japan is far more convenient than the alternatives. The document has a validity period of 180 days since arrival, and you can use it for a single entry. Your stay in Mexico cannot exceed 180 days.