As a Lithuanian citizen, if you plan to spend your vacation in Mexico, know that you are exempt from getting a visa. Nonetheless, you need to purchase a Mexico tourist card (Forma Migratoria Multiple). You can do that while on the plane to Mexico or on arrival, but you are also given the possibility to apply online for a card before your departure. iVisa can make sure that your request is approved in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Lithuania – requirements
What you need to do first is to check whether or not you have everything necessary for an online application process. However, you will be happy to learn that the list is pretty short. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Lithuania – the online application form
As soon as you have all of the above, you can move on and fill in the application form. You should not experience any difficulties in the process, but if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available day and night and entirely free of charge.
When you access the application page, you will notice that the form you have to complete consists of three steps. The first one wants your personal information. You also have to disclose your means of travel and select a processing time option for your application. As to that, you are given three choices, and the faster you want your Mexico tourist card, the more you will have to pay for it. Here is what you can pick:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, remember that when you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card will be an extra $29. Consequently, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time.
The second step focuses on payment and revision, while the third gives you instructions on how to upload the documents that support your application. After you go through all three steps, you can submit your request, and iVisa will deliver its end of the bargain in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card is much more convenient than filling a form on a plane or standing in a line at the airport. The card iVisa sends you is valid for 180 days since your arrival, and it can be used for a single entry.