The citizens of all European Union countries can travel to Mexico for tourism purposes without having to obtain a visa in advance. The citizens of Luxembourg are no different. Nonetheless, you will need a Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can fill in an application on the plane on your way to Mexico, or you can get it on arrival. However, with iVisa, you can purchase the tourist card before your departure. It can be approved in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Luxembourg – requirements
As you will see for yourself, the list of requirements for a Mexico tourist card is short. Plus, it may happen for you to already have everything on it. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Luxembourg – processing time and fees
The price of a Mexico tourist card depends on two factors: your means of travel to Mexico and the processing timeframe you choose for your application. As far as the latter is concerned, you can take your pick from the following options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, bear in mind that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card will be an extra $29. Consequently, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing timeframe.
The online application form
After all the requirements are met, you can move forward with the application process and fill in the form. You should spend about 20 minutes completing this task, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you must complete requires you to go through three simple steps. The first one asks for your personal information, and this is the moment when you have to choose a processing time for your application, as well as to mention your means of travel. Step number two wants you to handle the payment and review your form to make sure it does not contain erred information, while the third focuses on supporting documents. You are required to upload them. You can submit your application as soon as you are done, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Luxembourg have easy access to a Mexico tourist card. iVisa facilitates the application process. The document you receive is valid for 180 days since arrival, and it can be used for a single entry.