Many nationalities are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes, and the citizens of Malaysia are among them. Nevertheless, you still need to buy a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You have the option of filling in an application on the plane, or you can get it on arrival. However, using the services rendered by iVisa means that you can apply for the card online before departure and have it in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Malaysia – the requirements
While the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card is not at all demanding, you still have to make sure that you meet a few requirements. Rest assured that they are all easy to put your hands on. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Malaysia – the online application form
The next thing you need to handle is the application form. You need to fill it in. While the task at hand is not challenging, it may happen to have questions or concerns. In that case, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you need to go over consists of three steps. The first one requires you to provide iVisa with general information about yourself and your trip. You must also disclose your means of travel and select a processing time for your application. As for the latter, iVisa came up with three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
When it comes to the means of travel, bear in mind that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card will be an extra $29. Consequently, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time frame.
Step number two wants you to make the payment and carefully review your form, while the third gives you some instructions on how to upload the documents that support your application. You can click on the submit button as soon as you are done with all three steps, and iVisa will take matters further.
The bottom line is that iVisa provides a short and smooth application process so that you can acquire the Mexico tourist card without too much effort. The card is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, and it can be used for one entry.