As a citizen of Micronesia, whenever you plan to spend your vacation in Mexico, know that you do not need a visa to cross its borders. However, what you do need is a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can get it from the airline you are traveling with, or you can obtain it on arrival. But iVisa comes with a much better alternative. Apply online before departure, and you can have the card in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Micronesia – requirements
Before you start the online application process, you need to check and see if you meet all the requirements. That should not be complicated because the list is short. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Micronesia – processing time and fees
The amount of money you are charged for your Mexico tourist card is influenced by the processing time you select for your application, as well as by your means of travel to Mexico. As far as the processing is concerned, iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
Moving on to the means of travel, keep in mind that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card will be an extra $29. Consequently, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time frame.
The online application form
When the requirements are met, and you are ready, you can fill in the application form. Generally, it takes people no more than 20 minutes to complete it, but if you need some help, you should know that iVisa provides 24/7 customer support. The service is free of charge.
The form you are given to fill in consists of three steps. During the first one, you must provide your personal information, select a processing time for your application, and disclose your means of travel. The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form carefully, while the third asks for your application’s supporting documents. You are to upload them. You are ready to submit your request as soon as all three steps are complete. iVisa will take it from there.
Needless to say, the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card is far more convenient than filling in an application on the plane or standing in a line after arrival. The card is valid for 180 days from the date of arrival, and you can use it for a single entry.