Many citizens of Morocco plan to spend a joyful vacation in Mexico, and the good news for them is that they're now able to apply for a visa at the nearest Mexican embassy. At the same time, a Mexican tourist card is necessary, also known as a Forma Migratoria Múltiple. You cannot apply for your visa online, but the FMM card can be purchased online before departure using the services provided by iVisa.
We will show you how to apply for the FMM in this article, so you'll be ready to follow the next step, which is only to apply for your visa in an Embassy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm from Morocco, do I need a visa to visit Mexico?
Yes, you must have a visa to enter Mexico. And at the same time, you also have to apply for a Forma Migratoria Múltiple, which can be easily acquired with iVisa's services.
Please, consider that you need both documents to enter Mexico, otherwise, you couldn't pass the migration point. We recommend you to get your FMM first and as soon as possible to apply for your consular visa.
What is a Mexican FMM for Moroccan?
A Mexico Tourist Card or FMM ("Forma Migratoria Múltiple"), is an special document that's required for some citizens who want to enter Mexico, including Moroccans.
What are the requirements to get the Mexican Tourist Card?
If you decide to apply online for your Mexico tourist card, then consider that you need some requirements first. Rest assured that the list of requirements is short and includes items that are easy to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – to get a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Mexico's visa policy states that the passport must be valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – This is an important document to consider. Remember that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – Once you fill in an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal. Whichever is the best for you.
How long can I stay in Mexico with my Tourist Card?
You can stay for no more than 180 days Total.
Can I enter Mexico with just an FMM and not a visa?
You're a Moroccan citizen, so you cannot enter Mexico with just an FMM, you must have a visa too, which can be acquired in an Embassy.
You need both documents to travel to Mexico, and in order to simplify the whole process, iVisa gives you the opportunity to receive the FMM online so you won't have to wait at the airport once you arrive there.
What about the processing times and fees for the Tourist Card?
The amount of money you will be charged for your Mexico tourist card is based on a few choices you make. You must select a processing time for your application and a means of travel. When it comes to processing, iVisa provides you with the following options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the least expensive of the three. You only have to pay USD 20.00, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 4 hours. The fee, however, is USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – It is the fastest option you can select. It is also the most expensive. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged USD 60.00.
If you decide to enter Mexico by car, you will be charged more. An additional USD 29.00, to be more exact. Consequently, you will pay $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time option.
How much time do I need to apply for an FMM?
You just need at least 20 minutes for it.
How can I apply for a Mexican FMM with my Moroccan passport?
To know what to expect when you access the application page, we will offer a short description of the application form. Before we do that, know that iVisa’s customer support can be reached both via online chat and phone, and it is available 24/7. The service is free of charge.
The form you have to fill in happens in three stages, which are:
The first one is about providing personal information, and also choosing a processing time for your application, without avoiding to mention your means of travel.
The second stage consists of payment and revision.
And the third stage is for you to upload a few necessary documents. When all three stages are complete, you are free to submit your application, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
What you need to remember is that the citizens of Morocco have easy access to a Mexico tourist card.
What should I do once I finish the application for my FMM?
Once you complete your process to receive your Mexican FMM, you'll receive the Mexican FMM via e-mail. But after that, don't forget to apply for your consular visa in a Mexican Embassy, since the FMM is just one of the legal requirements to enter the country. You can apply for your visa before or after you apply for your FMM.
How many entries do I have with the FMM?
If you're a Maroccan citizen, you can have your Tourist Card with a Single Entry.
How will I know when my Mexican Tourist Card is ready to use?
For you to feel relaxed about it, We will let you know via e-mail. So as long as you make sure that you gave us a valid e-mail, you'll always get notified as soon as possible.
What do I have to do if I travel by car?
You must have a visa too, but you also have to apply for a Tourist Card by Land, which has an extra cost if you compare it to the FMM by air.
How does the Mexican Tourist Card for Nepalis Look Like?
This is a sample for you:
Is it possible to apply for family members or for my friends?
You can also apply for them, but don't forget that they also need a consular visa to enter Mexico. You must have all of their required documents.
In case you're are applying for an FMM for just one friend or one family member, you can do it here.
Where can I read more about the Mexican FMM or the visa?
It's ok if you still have doubts, we're here to help! in iVisa we show you two options:
First, you can contact any of our agents via the customer center here and receive more personalized attention.
Or secondly, you can enter the Mexico FMM page to check other FAQs that could be very useful.
So if you're planning to know this beautiful and exotic country, don't lose the chance! Start planning your journey with iVisa.