As a Nigerian citizen, you cannot travel to Mexico without getting a visa regardless of your purpose there. You have to apply for one at the nearest Mexican embassy. A Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, is necessary as well. While iVisa cannot help you obtain the former, it provides a simple application process for the latter. The FMM card can be in your e-mail inbox in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Nigeria – requirements
Before you get started with the online application process, you need to check if you have all that iVisa asks of you. But that list is not long, and you may already have some of the items on you need. You must have at hand the following:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Nigeria – the online application form
Since you know what you need, we will now briefly describe the application form so that you know what to expect when you go to the application page. Remember that if you have any questions or concerns regarding the process, you are free to reach iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal day and night, and it is entirely free of charge.
The form you have to fill in has three steps. Step one wants you to give your personal information, choose a processing time for your application, and mention your means of travel. As for processing, you are given multiple choices, and the one you opt for will establish the price of your Mexico tourist card. Here is what you can go for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
If you enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
The second step wants you to handle the payment and review your form so that the information you provided is 100% correct, while the third asks that you upload a few documents. After you do that, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will handle the rest. All that is left for you to do at this point it to wait.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card. The FMM card is valid for 180 days after your arrival in Mexico, and it grants a single entry.