According to Mexico’s visa policy, 67 nationalities are exempt from getting a visa when spending their vacation in Mexico. The citizens of Norway are among them. However, a Mexico tourist card is necessary no matter the nationality. It is also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, and it can be obtained from an airline or on arrival. But iVisa comes with a better solution. Apply for your card online, and you can get it in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Norway – requirements
The first thing you have to do before starting the application process is to make sure that you have everything necessary at hand. With that being said, here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Norway – the online application form
There is one thing left for you to do and that is to fill in the application form. Rest assured that the task at hand is not at all challenging, but if it happens to have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. You can reach them 24/7, and there is no charge.
The form you are given to fill in is split into three parts. The first one is interested in general information. You are also required to pick a processing time for your application and a means of travel to Mexico. Both decisions will affect the cost of your Mexico tourist card. Here is what you can choose as far as the processing timeframe is concerned:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As for the means of travel, bear in mind that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card will be an extra $29. Consequently, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing timeframe.
The second part of the form wants you to handle the payment and review all the information you provided to make sure that there are no mistakes. And lastly, the third part is the point at which iVisa gives you instructions on how to upload a few necessary documents. You can submit your application as soon as your form is complete, and iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to remember from all this is that the citizens of Norway have an easy time obtaining a Mexico tourist card. The FMM is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, and you can use it only once.