Same as 66 other nationalities, the citizens of Paraguay are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. Nevertheless, a Mexico tourist card is required regardless of the nationality. Also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, the document can be obtained on the plane or on arrival. However, with iVisa, you can apply online and get the card in just half an hour.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Paraguay – requirements
You will be happy to learn that the online application process is anything but demanding. You will need very few things, and you may already have some of them. Here is what you must have at your disposal:
- Valid passport – you cannot obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Paraguay – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, we will explore the application form so that you know what to expect. But keep in mind that iVisa provides non-stop customer support just in case you need some assistance or have questions regarding the process. The service is free.
The form you have to fill in is split into three parts. The first one asks for personal information. You have to select a means of travel and a processing time for your application at this point, both of which affect the cost of your Mexico tourist card. Concerning the latter, you can pick one of the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly chosen option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
Remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second part of the form is in charge of payment and review. It is important that all the info you submit is 100% accurate. Otherwise, your card will be invalid, and you have to repeat the process.
And finally, the third part comes with instructions on how to upload the documents that support your application. You can submit the request on you are done, and iVisa will take the matter further.
As you can see, the process of getting a Mexico tourist card is not complicated at all when you apply online. The document maintains its validity for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, and it covers a single entry.