Peruvian nationals are among the people who can travel to Mexico without a visa provided that the trip is strictly for tourism purposes.
However, you still need to purchase a Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. While this document is offered by multiple airlines, as well as on arrival, with iVisa, you can apply for the card online before departure, which simplify you the entire process and you don't have to make long lines at the airport.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm a Peruvian Citizen, do I need a visa to travel to Mexico?
If you're planning to travel to Mexico, then you don't need a visa, but you have to apply for a Tourist Card in order to avoid any inconvenience in the migration point. And you also can save a lot of time by applying online.
What is a Mexican FMM for Peruvians?
A Mexico Tourist Card or FMM ("Forma Migratoria Múltiple"), is a document required for certain citizens who want to enter Mexico. This is just an authorization for tourism purposes.
How long can I stay in Mexico with my Peruvian passport and my FMM?
If you get your FMM and you have your peruvian passport, you can remain in Mexico for 180 days Total.
What are the requirements?
Before you start the application process, it is important to make sure that you have everything you need at hand. But you only need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal is also acceptable.
Can I get my Mexico Tourist Card with iVisa?
Yes, of course you can. We always work hard to provide a professional service, and we've been doing it for at least 6 years.
What are the prices and processing times for it?
This can vary according to how son you require to have your visa. Both decisions will influence the cost of your Mexico tourist card. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – You only have to pay USD 20.00, and with that you're ready in 24 hours.
- Rush processing – you can have it faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive in 4 hours. The fee is higher since you have to pay USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can choose, and is also the most expensive. This time your application is ready in 30 minutes, and you will be charged USD 60.00.
Just remember that if you apply by land, the cost will vary. You'll be charged an extra USD 29.00, to be more precise. And now you have to pay $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
How much time do I need to apply?
Withing just 20 or even 15 minutes, you're ready with your FMM.
How is the online application form?
What is left for you to do is to fill in the application form. You should not find this task complicated, but if you need help or have concerns, you are free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available non-stop and entirely free of charge.
The form you must go over has three easy steps.
- Step one focuses on personal information, processing time, as well as your means of travel. Concerning the last two, you will have to make a couple of choices, and those choices will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. Remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
- Moving on to step two, this is the time for you to make the payment and carefully review your form so that it does not contain any errors.
- And finally, step three wants you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. You will have to upload them. When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
Needless to say, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card is far more convenient than the alternatives.
What am I supposed to do once I finish the whole application form for my FMM?
After that, you'll receive the Mexican FMM via e-mail according to the processing time you chose from above. As you might have realized with this information, you don't have to go to an embassy.
How many entries does the Mexican FMM allow?
You can have your Tourist Card with a Single Entry if you're from Peru
How will I realize when my Mexican Tourist Card is ready?
No worries with this part! We will let you know via e-mail. So as long as you give us a valid e-mail, you'll always get notified.
What if I have to travel by land?
You have to apply for a Tourist Card by Land, which has an extra cost as we already mentioned before.
How does the Mexican Tourist Card Look Like?
This is sample for you:
Where can I read more information about this document?
In case you still have doubts about the FMM. iVisa can help you with two alternatives:
First, you can communicate with our customer center here if you want to get more personalized attention.
Or secondly, you can check the Mexico FMM page to read other FAQs that could be helpful.
It's time for you to enjoy your journey and forget about tricky paperwork, we can work that part so you can feel relaxed!