Peruvian nationals are among the many people who can travel to Mexico without a visa provided that the trip is strictly for tourism purposes. However, you still need to purchase a Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. While the document is available with multiple airlines, as well as on arrival, with iVisa, you can apply for the card online before departure. It can be ready in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Peru – requirements
Before you start the application process, it is important to make sure that you have everything you need at your disposal. But you only need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Peru – the online application form
What is left for you to do is to fill in the application form. You should not find this task complicated, but if you need help or have concerns, you are free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available non-stop and entirely free of charge.
The form you must go over has three easy steps. Step one focuses on personal information, processing time, as well as your means of travel. Concerning the last two, you will have to make a couple of choices, and those choices will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. As for processing, you have the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly chosen option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
Remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
Moving on to step two, this is the time for you to make the payment and carefully review your form so that it does not contain any errors. And finally, step three wants you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. You will have to upload them. When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
Needless to say, the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card is far more convenient than the alternatives. The card can only be used for one entry, and it has a validity period of 180 days after the date of your arrival in Mexico.