Polish citizens, like all the other nationalities from the European Union, are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, you are still required to get a Mexico tourist card, also called Forma Migratoria Múltiple.
You have the possibility to buy it from the airline you are traveling with, or you can get it on arrival. But if you use the services provided by iVisa, you can have the card before faster and with no stress.
In this blog post, you'll learn more about the FMM and what other valuable information you need to consider before traveling to Mexico.
I'm a Polish Citizen, do I have to apply for a visa to travel to Mexico?
As we already mentioned above, you don't need a visa to travel to Mexico, but you need to apply for a Tourist Card to avoid any inconvenience in the migration point.
What is a Mexican FMM for Polish Citizens?
A Mexico Tourist Card or FMM ("Forma Migratoria Múltiple"), is an authorized document that foreigner citizens need when entering the Mexican border. This is just a document made for tourism purposes.
How long can I stay in Mexico with my Polish passport and my FMM?
If you have your polish passport and your FMM, you can stay in Mexico for 180 days in Total.
How many types of Mexican e-Visa are there?
If you want to enter Mexico, you can only apply for the following:
What are the requirements to apply online?
Fortunately, the Mexican Tourist Card is not a demanding document to get. The list of requirements is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – You cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you have a valid passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport has a valid use for at least 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – Remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document for the Flight Ticket.
- E-mail address – As you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend you to print more than one physical copy. In case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. That's why iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal is also acceptable.
How long is the Mexican Tourist Card valid for?
If you're from Poland, your FMM expires 180 days after arrival.
What are the processing times and fees for Polish Citizens?
The total price will vary according to how fast you need your FMM. In other words, it'll depend on the urgency you have. As far as the processing time is concerned, you are given the following options:
- Standard processing – You have to pay USD 20.00, and you'll receive your FMM in 24 hours.
- Rush processing – you can have your FMM faster, you can select this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive in 4 hours. But the fee is higher since you have to pay USD 20.00.
- Super Rush processing – This is the fastest option that iVisa offers, and it is also the most expensive. With this, your FMM is ready in 30 minutes, and you will be charged USD 20.00.
Just keep in mind that if you apply by land, the cost will be different. You'll be charged an extra USD 29.00, to be more precise. This means that you'll have to pay $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
How much time do I need to apply?
You can be ready in 20 or even 15 minutes, this will vary according to how skilled you're with online forms. However, it shouldn't take you too much time since the application form made by iVisa is quite simple.
How is the online application form?
After you have all of the requirements needed, you can go ahead and access the application page to fill in the form. In case you need some help, remember that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and it is entirely free of charge.
The form you need to complete is broken down into three steps:
The first one requires you to provide personal information, and you also have to choose a processing time for your application. Remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs.
The second step should take you even less time than the previous one. You have to handle the payment and review your form to make sure you do not make any mistakes. If you did, you must correct them. Otherwise, your Mexico tourist card could be invalid.
The third and last step gives you instructions on how to upload the documents that support your application. After you are done with that, you can simply submit your form, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
How many entries am I allowed to have?
You can get your Tourist Card with a Single Entry if you're from Poland.
How will I realize when my Mexican FMM is ready?
Don't worry about it! We will inform you via e-mail. So as long as you provide us a valid e-mail, you'll get a heads up constantly.
What if I have to travel by land?
In this case, you have to apply for a Tourist Card by Land, which has an extra cost.
How does the Mexican Tourist Card Look Like?
Where can I read more information about the FMM?
If you still have some questions about the FMM. iVisa can help you with two options:
As a first alternative, you can contact our customer center here if you want to get personalized attention.
Or as a second option, you can check the Mexico FMM page to read other FAQs that could be helpful.
It's time for you to relax and enjoy your journey. Forget about any tedious paperwork, we can work that part so you can feel relaxed!