The citizens of Portugal are among the 67 nationalities that do not require a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. Nevertheless, a Mexico tourist card is needed regardless of nationality. Also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, the document can be obtained from the airline you are traveling with or on arrival. iVisa, on the other hand, can help you get the tourist card before departure in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Portugal – the requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the requirements for a Mexico tourist card are nothing out of the ordinary. They are easy to acquire, and you may already have what is necessary. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Portugal – the online application form
As soon as you have all of the above, you are free to fill in the application form. You should complete the task in about 20 minutes, but if you need assistance, bear in mind that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
You will have to go through three steps when you fill in the form. The first one requires you to give your personal information, but you also have to make a choice regarding the processing time for your application and your means of travel. Both decisions will affect the price of your Mexico tourist visa. As for processing, here are your options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly chosen option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
Remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second step wants you to take care of the payment and review your form so that it does not include any errors, while the third gives you instructions on how to upload the supporting documents of your application. Once you are finished, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
What you need to remember is that the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card created by iVisa is less stressful and time-consuming than the alternatives. The card can be used for a single entry, and it remains valid for 180 days after your arrival in Mexico.