Same as many other nationalities, the citizens of Slovakia do not have to acquire a tourist visa before traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. However, you do need to obtain a Mexico tourist card. Also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, the document is available for purchase with multiple airlines, and you can also get it on arrival. But iVisa gives you the opportunity to acquire the card online before departure, and you can have it approved in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Slovakia – the requirements
The first thing you have to do is to make sure that you have at your disposal everything necessary for a successful application process. But you should not struggle to put the requirements together. Here is what you must have:
- Valid passport – you cannot obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Slovakia – the online application form
As soon as you consider yourself ready, you can fill in the application form. It is a task that you should finish in about 20 minutes, but if you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form is broken down into three simple steps. The first one focuses on general information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to decide on a processing timeframe for your application and a means of travel. Both factors will help establish the cost of your Mexico tourist card. As far as the processing is concerned, you can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly chosen option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
If you decide to enter Mexico by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
Step number two wants you to handle the payment issue and review your form carefully. You cannot submit inaccurate information. Otherwise, your tourist card will be rendered invalid.
And lastly, the third step is the point at which iVisa requires you to provide the supporting documents of your application. You have to upload them. Once that task is complete, you can submit your form, and iVisa will take it from there.
What you must remember from all this is that iVisa makes the process of getting a Mexico tourist card incredibly convenient. The tourist card is valid for 180 days since the day of your arrival in Mexico, and you can use it for a single entry.