Same as most nationalities, the citizens of South Africa cannot travel to Mexico without getting a visa first. At the same time, Mexico’s visa policy requires that you obtain a Mexico tourist card as well. It is also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple, and you can either get it on the plane or on arrival. However, there is a third option. You can employ the services of iVisa so that you can purchase the FMM card online before departure. It can be approved in just half an hour.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of South Africa – requirements
The online application process for a Mexico tourist card does not require much effort on your behalf. Even so, you still need to make sure that you can provide iVisa with the necessary things to get the process started. Here is what you need:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of South Africa – the online application form
The last thing you have to do is to access the application page so that you can fill in the form. The task you are given is not at all complicated, but remember that if you need assistance, iVisa is ready to jump in at any moment. Our customer support service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you will find on the application page is split into three steps. The first one wants your personal information, but you have to choose a processing time for your application and a means of travel as well. Remember that the cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on the choices you make. As far as the processing timeframe goes, you have the following options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third wants you to upload the supporting documents of your application as per iVisa’s instructions. Right after you complete all three steps, you can hit the submit button, and the FMM card will arrive in your e-mail inbox in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can plainly see, the process that allows you to get a Mexico tourist card online involves minimal effort. The FMM card is valid for 180 days since the date of arrival, and you can only use it for a single entry.