As a Spanish national, you do not have to obtain a visa if you decide to spend your vacation in Mexico. What you do need, however, is a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. It is available for purchase on the plane or on arrival, but iVisa gives you the opportunity to apply for the card online before departure. That way, you can acquire it in just half an hour.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Spain – requirements
One of the first things you need to handle is the list of requirements. However, as you will see for yourself, there is nothing on that list that is difficult to achieve. Here is what you need for the application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Spain – the online application form
After you manage to gather everything you need, you can move on and fill in the application form. You should not find it complicated, but iVisa provides customer support non-stop just in case you may need some help or have some questions. The service is free of charge.
As you will notice, iVisa broke down the form into three steps. The first one focuses on general information about yourself and your trip. You also have to mention your means of travel and pick a processing timeframe for your application. Both decisions will influence the price of your Mexico tourist card. When it comes to processing, you are given the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
When you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time. The second step wants you to make the payment and carefully review your form, while the third requires you to upload a few documents that are supposed to support your application. You are free to submit your request as soon as all three steps are complete, and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
The bottom line is that the Mexico tourist card is far more accessible when you apply online. iVisa makes sure of that. The document has a validity period of 180 days since the day of arrival in Mexico, and you are allowed to use it for a single entry.