As a Sri Lankan national, you need a tourist visa if you plan to spend your holiday in Mexico. You will also have to acquire a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. The FMM card is available for purchase with the airline you are traveling with, or you can obtain it on arrival. However, iVisa offers a better solution. With our services, you can get the tourist card online before departure, the processing can go as fast as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka – requirements
Getting a Mexico tourist card online should not be a complicated task. However, you need to make sure that you can come up with everything necessary for the application process. Here is what you need:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka – processing time and fees
The cost of a Mexico tourist card is based on the processing timeframe you select a for your application, as well as on your means of travel. Speaking of processing, iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
The online application form
When the requirements are met, and you are ready, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. It takes 20 minutes to go over it, but if you need assistance, iVisa provides 24/7 customer support at no charge. Do not hesitate to contact us. As you will see, the form you have to fill in consists of three steps.
The first one requires you to give general information about yourself and your trip, to select a processing time for your application, and to mention your means of travel so that the price can be established. The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form, while the third asks that you upload a few documents that support your application. You can hit the submit button when you are done, and iVisa will handle the rest.
So, if you decide to get the Mexico tourist card online, iVisa puts at your disposal a short and straightforward application process. The FMM card holds its validity for 180 days after arrival, and it can be used for one entry.