Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Switzerland enjoy a visa exemption when traveling to Mexico as tourists. However, what you do need is to purchase a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. It is possible to apply for one on the plane or on arrival, but iVisa gives you a better alternative. Apply for your card online before departure, and it can be approved in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Switzerland – requirements
The Mexico tourist card does not require much effort on your behalf, but you must make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. You will be happy to learn that the list of requirements is short. It contains the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Switzerland – the online application form
As soon as you think you are ready, you are free to access the application page and fill in the form. Most people spend about 20 minutes completing this task. Do not forget that if you need assistance or have questions, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you must go over consists of three easy steps. The first one wants your personal information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application and a means of travel to Mexico. Both choices will determine how much money you spend on your Mexico tourist card. As for the processing time, you can take your pick from the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
When you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time.
Step number two wants you to make the payment and to review your form, and the third expects you to upload a few documents that iVisa asks of you. After you do everything you are supposed to, you can submit your application, and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
Needless to say, the process of getting a Mexico tourist card is far more convenient when you apply online with iVisa. The document you receive can be used for one entry, and it is valid for 180 days after your arrival date in Mexico.