Like most nationalities, the citizens of Thailand need a visa before traveling to Mexico for tourism or business purposes. However, what you will also need is a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. iVisa cannot help you get the former. Only an embassy can. The FMM card, on the other hand, is available online. Using iVisa’s services means that you can get the document in just half an hour.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Thailand – requirements
When you decide to apply online for the Mexico tourist visa, you need to first check if you have everything necessary for the application process. That should not be a difficult task because the list of requirements is short. Here is what it contains:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Thailand – the online application process
What you have to do after you gather all of the above is to fill in the application form. You should finish the task in no more than 20 minutes. Plus, if you need help or have questions, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
iVisa created a simple, 3-step application form for your convenience. The first step focuses on basic information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application and a means of travel to Mexico. The cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on the options you select. As for processing, here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
The second step wants you to take care of the payment, but you need to review your form carefully as well. It is essential to provide only accurate information. Otherwise, your card will be invalid. And finally, the third step requires you to upload a few necessary documents. Once this step is completed, you can submit your application, and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
As you can see, the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card does not involve too much of an effort. The FMM card is valid for 180 days after your arrival in Mexico, it ensures a single entry, and your stay in Mexico cannot exceed 180 days.