The citizens of the USA who wish to spend their vacation in Mexico are not needed to obtain a visa before departure because they are visa exempt. A Mexico tourist card, on the other hand, is necessary for all travelers. While you can fill in an application on the plane on your way to Mexico, or get the document on arrival, you also have the option of applying online. With the services provided by iVisa, the card can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of the USA – the requirements
Fortunately, you do not have to concern yourself too much with meeting the requirements. That is because the list is quite short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of the USA – the online application form
Now that you are aware of what you need, we will provide a brief description of the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. But keep in mind that you can reach iVisa’s customer support 24/7 should you need some help. The service is free of charge.
The application form you are required to fill in consists of three easy steps. The first one needs general information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to select a processing time for your application and a means of travel. Both of them will affect the cost of your Mexico tourist card. As for processing, you have three options at hand:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
If you decide to travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second step is even less time-consuming. All you have to do is to handle the payment and review the information you put in your form so that it is 100% accurate. And finally, the third step wants you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. You can click on the submit button when you are done, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, the citizens of the USA have an easy time applying for a Mexico tourist card. The document you receive is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, and you can use it for a single entry. Your stay cannot exceed 180 days.